Views
Helpful
Replies

UK Dial Patterns and BT Featureline Problem with 2.1.1(7) firmware

ibraheem_neo12
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm trying to set up a new UC320W system, connected to a "Featureline" PSTN Line from British Telecom. This is a "centrex" line which has limited PBX capability, but needs to have a 9 dialled before the number to be called.

I've set up this line as a Shared FXO line so that the line can be seized directly from the phone. On seizing the line, if I dial the 9 and then start dialling the number, only the 9 plus 7 digits are sent to the line. The rest of the digits are stripped.

I know that the Region settings for UK have 8 digits as the local number (I don't know why since most numbers dialled are 11 digits long, including mobiles, etc.) so this 8-digit dial pattern may be part of this problem.

If I dial 02071234567 to a SIP line, it works perfectly. If I dial 902071234567 to a SIP line, it also has the same problem, where only 90207123 is dialled. It seems the system does not like numbers beginning with "9"?

We're using the latest firmware so this is extremely annoying, since alot of people in the UK use these lines and this setup. I don't think we're the first to have this problem? Isn't the UC320W used widely in the UK?

8 Replies 8

Hi Ibraheem,

I'm trying to set up a new UC320W system, connected to a "Featureline" PSTN Line from British Telecom. This is a "centrex" line which has limited PBX capability, but needs to have a 9 dialled before the number to be called.

Centrex FXO / dial plan is not currently supported.  This is under investigation for an upcoming feature release.

I've set up this line as a Shared FXO line so that the line can be seized directly from the phone. On seizing the line, if I dial the 9 and then start dialling the number, only the 9 plus 7 digits are sent to the line. The rest of the digits are stripped.

Please confirm that you are seeing this behavior on a SHARED FXO line.  The digits should not be stripped on a shared FXO line.  We connect you to the telco dialtone on a shared FXO and no dialplan is applied to the address dialed.  If you unplug the FXO and plug in an analog phone do you see the same digit stripping behavior?

Thanks,

Chris

Hello is there a fix for this yet, i have just purchased the UC320 and have 2 BT Featurelines, i am faiirly new to this sort of thing but have a good understanding of IT and Telephone equipment.

Any help would be greatfully apprerciated, as others have stated previosly on a BT Featureline you have basic PBX capabilities at the exchange meaning that i need to allready dial 9 for an outside line from the phone line, this combined with the uc320 needing me to dial 9 for an outside line of this unit is not allowing me to make outside calls.

Have i just purchased a very expensive paper weight ?

Please help, is there a PMF that can tell the uc320 to automatically dial a second 9 when pressing 9 for an outside line

Why do you need featureline? A centrex type system is designed to be in place of a PBX (i.e. provide PBX functions). It's like attaching a PBX to a PBX.

Hi Thomas,

Yes, we have a PMF which can prefix any digit for the outbound dialed number. Please send me an email at wenyang@cisco.com. I will reply you with the PMF.

Best regards,

Wendy

Hi Wenjin

I have the same problem.  We have feature line with BT in a 5 years contract.  They won't downgrade our contract to Basic line unless we pay them £195.00 cancellation free.!

Is it possible for me to have the same PMF file which automatically dial 9 for every external outbound call we make so user dont have to dial 9 twice?

My email address is: malek@birminghamitnow.co.uk

I would be very much grateful for your help.

Kind Regards

Malek

Hi Malek,

The PMF has been emailed to you.

Best regards,

Wendy

Hi Wenjin

Thank you very much for your help.  I have uploaded the file and it is working.

Again thanks for your help, it has solved a big problem over here.

Best Wishes

Malek

thinkinnuk
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Wendy,

The PMF is working, and will automatic add prefix(9) to all share line.

Our system is 2 Featureline(9), 2 Normal PSTN line(Direct dial).

Then the 2PSTN will working incorrectly as will automaic add 9.

How to sort this out? Thank you.

Best wishes~~ Li