cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to make internal or external calls UC540

jammin_18921
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer who called this morning and stated they were unable to transfer calls from the secretary to any other station. Upon visiting this site I found that none of the phones could make internal or external calls, therefore by that though process you would not be able to transfer to any extension anyways.  I am unaware of seeing this issue on the boards but it would be of great help if anyone knew what might have caused this.

I have rectified this situation by rebooting the phones one by one. This has rectified the situation but I'm unsure as to what caused it in the first place.

UC540 with Pots lines,  9 handsets. Most current IOS.

4 Replies 4

I would try to check the onboard flash and see if there is a crash file first.  If there isn't, I would open a case with SBSC and they can run some debugs.

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi James,

What are the handsets?

What switch is being used for the phones?

If it happens again please check the phone and make sure they still have an IP address issues from the voice Subnet.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Switch is a  ESW520 24 port  and the phones are 8 Spa 509G with a 7931.  

Hi James,

Sorry for all the questions, but I do have to have a complete picture

• What is the firmware version of the ESW? Have you checked to see if it is the latest one?? Older versions where known to have issues with causing stale connections with the phones
  • What Software pack are you running on the UC?
  • What firmware versions are you running on the phones
  • Can you give us a picture of the network and how it is connected up?

Also one last thing, if it happens again can you try and dial the Voice Mail and let us know if you can get through??

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: