Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to route calls to voice mail for voip calls across 2 sites

Okechi Awujo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

Any help here will be really appriciated...

I have 2 sites with UC560 on both ends... there is a direct LAN connecttion between the 2 sites.. A voip dail-peer route calls accross the sites.. however if you make a voip call to either sites and there is no pick up there is a fast busy tone instead of forwaring to voice mail.. if you call externally from one site to the other and there is no answer the calls is forwarded to vioce mail ok... what am i doing wrong..

Please help

regards

Okechi

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

danplacek
Level 4
Level 4

With site-to-site and voicemail, 2 things to take a look at:

1. Codecs -- CUE does not accept anything other than G711. If you are not using G711 across the WAN, make sure it is being transcoded properly.

2. SIP -- I've seen the remote system send a "BYE ALSO" or a "REFER" instead of doing B2BUA... which could potentially give you a busy tone depending on how things are setup.

If you could do a "debug ccsip messages" that would help alot.

View solution in original post

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Okechi,

Daniel hit the nail on the head 90% of the time, the issue is that the right codec is not set right for CUE transactions, this is common with site-2-site calling, make sure that the dial-peer pointing to the VM is set with a forced G.711uLaw codec.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

rowseyba1
Level 1
Level 1

Okechi,

Have you completed a debug voip ccapi inout on each side?

One thing I would check and make sure that your voicemail pilot is different on each side. 

The voice mail pilot is different on each side.. however, they have the same IP Address ie the default ip address for the CUE..can that be the cause??

That should not matter.  Would you be able to provide the debug mentioned above along with a debug ccsip messages from both sides?

Please provide the orginating call number, and the receiving call number in your reply.  

danplacek
Level 4
Level 4

With site-to-site and voicemail, 2 things to take a look at:

1. Codecs -- CUE does not accept anything other than G711. If you are not using G711 across the WAN, make sure it is being transcoded properly.

2. SIP -- I've seen the remote system send a "BYE ALSO" or a "REFER" instead of doing B2BUA... which could potentially give you a busy tone depending on how things are setup.

If you could do a "debug ccsip messages" that would help alot.

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Okechi,

Daniel hit the nail on the head 90% of the time, the issue is that the right codec is not set right for CUE transactions, this is common with site-2-site calling, make sure that the dial-peer pointing to the VM is set with a forced G.711uLaw codec.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Thanks Daniel and David.. sorry it took me a while to update.. it worked after setting the voip dial peer to use G.711uLaw.

thanks a lot guys..

Cheers

Okechi

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: