Helpful
Replies

Update Fir4mware on SPA phones

graeme
Level 1
Level 1

Hi There,

I am trying to upgrade the firmware on our SP phones from 7.4.3 to 7.4.8

I have tried the drag and drop but It just stays as a no entry sign Icon, on my cursor.

Is there an easy way to do without drag and drop.

Ta

Graeme

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

econsystems
Level 1
Level 1

It is actually the simplest way.  I have done it many many times and works great.  The procedure is to expand the zip file first.  Then shrink the size of CCA so that you can see the CCA and your .BIN file same time.  Then drag and drop the file over the UC, not on the phones itself.  The CCA will start the upload and prompt you a message that it will reboot all the spa5xx phones.

I had once in a while issue if I had the BIN file on the desktop.  Expand it on the root of the C or a temp folder on C and then drag and drop.

I always do it during off hours as if the users on the phones, it will reboot their phone right away.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

econsystems
Level 1
Level 1

It is actually the simplest way.  I have done it many many times and works great.  The procedure is to expand the zip file first.  Then shrink the size of CCA so that you can see the CCA and your .BIN file same time.  Then drag and drop the file over the UC, not on the phones itself.  The CCA will start the upload and prompt you a message that it will reboot all the spa5xx phones.

I had once in a while issue if I had the BIN file on the desktop.  Expand it on the root of the C or a temp folder on C and then drag and drop.

I always do it during off hours as if the users on the phones, it will reboot their phone right away.

Hi There,

I found out the problem, CCA3.1.1 on Windows 7 64bit, the drag and drop doesnt work.

CCA3.1.1 on windows XP mode with direct NIC, and own IP address, Drag and Drop works perfectly.

Looks like I will be doing all my CCA stuff through XP mode from now on.

Graeme