cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Update firmware UC320 have big problem !!!

Update firmware UC320 have big problem !!!

I got new UC320W. when I connected it to internet, the new firmware was shown in WebUI.Then i accepted to upgrade, after it was upgraded to 20% it show not enough memory and crash. after that I can't access to WebUI its show httpd service is close but now i can access via telnet but i don't known user and password  becuase i use the same password from WebUI but can't access to UC320 with telnet. How i can fix it ?

18 Replies 18

jeffsand
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

You can try to factory reset the unit by using a paper clip or similar object to press and hold the reset button (on the side of the UC320W) down for 15 seconds.  If that doesn't help, you should open a case with Cisco Small Business Support Center.   They might be able to gain access to your UC320W to help you upgrade the software.

The SBSC contact numbers can be found in the following link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

Regards,

Jeff

nalbert
Level 4
Level 4

You could also try this. Get a regular phone cable splitter. Attach one end to FAX machine and put the other end into the UC320. Now incoming fax would go to the FAX machine and you can use the line to make outgoing calls from the UC320.

Navin

i reset factory default , i can ping default IP 192.168.10.1 and can telnet but when i access via webui it's not show anything on screen Now i DOA already this product is ... ?

Siraphan,

I have sent you a private message to try and assist you.

Jeff

Hi Siriphan,

I haven't heard back from you and I'm concerned that you are still living with this issue.  It occurred to me that it might not be clear to you what I meant by the private message.  You should be able to get your private messages from me to you if you go to your profile page on the Community and select the private messages tab.  Please contact me via the email address I provided and I will try to assist you.

Regards,

Jeff

I am having a problem with updating the firmware

also. I have tried both ways PC and from the utility and it still fails. One way I

got an Error# 1502. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Phil

Hi Phillip,

A few follow up questions:

1. When in the process did you see the 1502 error?
  2. Before trying to upgrade from the PC was the update successfully downloaded from the cloud?
  3. Did you try using a different browser or PC and make sure your Flash Player is up to date.

Also, I'll send you a private message to try and collect some information about your system and see if I can help you.  Look for it in your Community Profile.

Thanks,
Jeff

Jeff, i am having the same exact issue as siriphan, i have a UC320 that BSOD the computer during the firmware upgrade, when the phone system reset, it seemed to be working but without access to the webgui...  after my brilliant plan to reset to factory defaults... i now have a UC320 .. on factory defaults.... with no webgui... now what?

Hi zonedogtech,

Please open up a case with the Cisco Small Business Support Center.  They should be able to assist you with your upgrade when your box is in this condition.

Jeff

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Peoples.

For those of you having issues with upgrading and receiving the following errors, there are some solutions and things to look out for.

Not Enough Memory Crash:

• Close all the tabs on the browser and only have one open
  • Make sure no other flash is operating in the background
  • Temporary disable Antivirus Software (Avast, Trendmicro, AVG, and Microsoft Security Essentials does not interfere with this problem, Nortons and Mcafee's has in most tests)
  • If running a firewall you may need to disable it temporary, although I have not run into this problem yet

Ultimately the issue that causes this Memory Crash is the browser and how many tabs are open, and this can be made worse if you have multiple applications running at the same time, its best to put the system in a clean running environment, meaning no other applications or browser tabs running

1502 Error and then Web GUI stops working:

• DO NOT reset to factory defaults straight away, sometimes a quick change to another browser can get it to work and it will be enough to recover the system, but the trick here is to run task manager and switch of all current flash sessions
  • If the above measure fails then reset the system to factory defaults, the best results I have seen so far is as follows
    * Hold the reset button in for 30 seconds
    * Unplug the power whilst still holding it in
    * Hold the reset button in for a further 15-20 seconds
    * Plug the power back in and hold for 10 seconds

This has recovered the system from this BSOD 4 times already, I don't know if what I am doing is an overkill but hey it works and it puts a smile on my dial when it works

I suggest the following browsers to be used:

• FireFox latest version 5.01 on a clean boot with no other TABS running, you need to keep the browsers memory low, adobe is a fussy...fussy application
  • Chrome, Whilst a lightweight browser it is good for doing this kind of stuff, but you need to keep an eye on the flash version, so when ever you get the adobe pop-up screen to update make sure you do this
  • I only recommend I.E but with the proviso that you are not using version 9, the latest version will cause you more grief than kids on school holidays - trust me when I say this, I have not had one good experience with I.E on the latest version working with Cisco GUI's

Lastly upgrading over the Internet (Cloud) is always risky business, if this is a live production system you are doing it to, I would encourage you not too, I know Cisco test this in their Labs and all that, but I find that this may not reflect real-world scenarios at times, if there is an alternative solution like logging into a local system (Team Viewer or WebEX) and doing it from a local system, I would encourage you to do it that way, if it is a LAB system or in a staging phase, then do it from the local PC, you have a lower risk of failure.

Anyway just my experience on this it may or may not be of any use to you

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Efim Kuznetsov
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

How can I change/view my telnet password on UC320W?

Username and password for webUI isn't accepted.

Telnet access is NOT available on the UC320. The only management interface is the web GUI. Cisco engineers can access telnet / hidden admin pages... but this is NOT made available to end users or partners.

-Dan

Please rate useful posts.

Does CCNA certification enable the right to access telnet / hidden admin pages?

No -- there is not any certification that can get you that access. Only Cisco employees have that access.

-Dan

Please rate useful posts.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: