cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade from UC540 to UC560???

econsystems
Level 1
Level 1

I need to upgrade a client with a current UC540 to a UC560 due to license issues.  What is the right way to upgrade.

Thanks.            

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Apply saved configuration from one device to another (and CUE).

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Econsystem,

You can attempt a CCA backup on the 540 and then try and get that backup restored to the 560, it has worked twice for me in the past but failed more than it has worked

The final way to do it is to do it as Paolo suggested, do a "copy run to flash" command and give the file a good name such as "UC540-RUN-.cfg", this will create a text based backup of the UC-540 CME, however with the CUE you will need to do it manually such as do a "sh run" then copy the text and paste it into notepad and save the file as a text file, for restoration you will need to transplant it manually which is a slow and tedious task.

The downside to doing it this was is that everyone will need to login and redo their Voice Mail and the AA's will loose their voice recording so will need to be recorded as well and no doubt some other small issues will arise, but can most likely be overcome with a little patience.

I would encourage you to try the CCA path first using version 3.2.1 and see if it works, I don't know how Licensing will get effected but I am sure it should be OK if it works for you

Cheers,

David Trad.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Hi econsystems,

If you are using an AA I would add that you can grab the recording through the CUE web gui and then reupload that to the 560. Unfortunately, I'm not aware of a method to do that for the voicemail greetings.

Thanks,

-john

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: