cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade hung on "CUE Install License"

mfleming
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I am trying to upgrade my UC520 to 7.0.3 upgrade package using CCA 2.0. Everything seemed to be going fine until it got to 67% and said "CUE Install License". It's now been sitting there for an hour. Has the upgrade gone wrong? Can I cancel and and try again without being left with a doorstop?

4 Replies 4

Skyler Spence
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can certainly cancel the upgrade and retry.  I would suggest checking the current status of your CUE module on the UC500 before attempting the upgrade again.  To do this, telnet to the device at its Data LAN IP address, default is 192.168.10.1.  Enter your administrator login information, then type

service int 0/0 status

And check that the module is up and responsive.  Then try the upgrade again and post here your results.

Hi Skyler

That command produces:

Service Module is in Steady state

Service Module heartbeat-reset is enabled

Cisco Unity Express 7.0.3

CUE running on UC500

Does this mean the update completed successuly? I tried the upgrade again anyway and it is failed on CUE backup and the status message tells me that it can not back it up. Should I go back to blank flash with IOS only and try again?

7.0.3 is certainly the version of CUE used in this software pack, which software pack were you upgrading from?  This could mean that CUE was upgraded successfully that first time.  As for the current problem, past experience has been that backups fail due to personal firewalls, multiple simultaneous network connections, or ftp servers running in the background.  Check for these conditions, you may also try manually peforming the backup using the backup/restore tool located in the CUE web pages (default http://10.1.10.1)

Hi Skyler

I was trying to upgrade from 7.0.2 I think? In the end I formatted the flash card and followed the complete manual upgrade procedure and the system is now functioning correctly.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: