cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading 7975G Firmware?

Luis Giraldo
Level 1
Level 1

I must've been trying for 5 or 6 hours now, to find specific info on how to update my 7975G to latest firmware for hookswitch headset compatibility. The release notes for 7975G firmware 8.4(3) (attached) mentions a .exe file that fails for me everytime I try to install. I also can't locate the referenced readme.html install guide.

I recently upgraded to UC520 4.2.9 Software Pack, and all went well.  I also have CCA 1.9.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Luis

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi Luis,

The executable you have is meant to work with Cisco Unified Call Manager Server, not the Communitations Manager Express (CME on UC500). To change a specific phone load on your CME/UC500 device, you need to move the load files to the system's flash (using FTP/TFTP) and then change some lines in the configuration using CLI.

The load files are included in a zip package that can be obtained here (you probably have it already):

http://tools.cisco.com/support/downloads/go/Redirect.x?mdfid=278875240

(Navigate to "IP Telephony>>IP Phones")

Then, you will have to make some CLI modifications:

!

tftp-server flash:term75.default.loads
tftp-server flash:cnu75.8-4-2-38.sbn
tftp-server flash:cvm75sccp.8-4-2-38.sbn
tftp-server flash:dsp75.8-4-2-38.sbn
tftp-server flash:jar75sccp.8-4-2-38.sbn
tftp-server flash:SCCP75.8-4-3S.loads
tftp-server flash:apps75.8-4-2-38.sbn

!

telephony-service

load 7975 SCCP75.8-4-3S

!

Please note that although you can do the above, we highly recommend that you use only the IOS/Phone load combination included in the software packs provided by us, as those contain the only tested permutations.

Thanks,

Marcos

View solution in original post

Luis,

You can also refer to this article, for information on how to enable the feature

Wireless Headset Hookswitch Support in CME

Let me know if this helps,

Marcos

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hi Luis,

The executable you have is meant to work with Cisco Unified Call Manager Server, not the Communitations Manager Express (CME on UC500). To change a specific phone load on your CME/UC500 device, you need to move the load files to the system's flash (using FTP/TFTP) and then change some lines in the configuration using CLI.

The load files are included in a zip package that can be obtained here (you probably have it already):

http://tools.cisco.com/support/downloads/go/Redirect.x?mdfid=278875240

(Navigate to "IP Telephony>>IP Phones")

Then, you will have to make some CLI modifications:

!

tftp-server flash:term75.default.loads
tftp-server flash:cnu75.8-4-2-38.sbn
tftp-server flash:cvm75sccp.8-4-2-38.sbn
tftp-server flash:dsp75.8-4-2-38.sbn
tftp-server flash:jar75sccp.8-4-2-38.sbn
tftp-server flash:SCCP75.8-4-3S.loads
tftp-server flash:apps75.8-4-2-38.sbn

!

telephony-service

load 7975 SCCP75.8-4-3S

!

Please note that although you can do the above, we highly recommend that you use only the IOS/Phone load combination included in the software packs provided by us, as those contain the only tested permutations.

Thanks,

Marcos

Luis,

You can also refer to this article, for information on how to enable the feature

Wireless Headset Hookswitch Support in CME

Let me know if this helps,

Marcos