cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements
Please be advised, the GuideMe Wizard is no longer available on the Small Business Support Community. For search capability please use the community search field to find content related to Cisco Small Business documents, videos, and discussions.
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

Use BLFs as availability / presence monitor

Hello,

I wanted to ask if there are any possibilities to use the BLFs on the phones / extension board (e.g. SPA525G2 + SPA500S) to indicate the presence of a coworker.

Currently all monitor-buttons are "off" in idle state and glow red if the montiored extension is talking.

What I would like to do is, to have the button glow green when the employee is within the company. We have a custom webbased system where employees sign in when they sit at their desk. I would like my CME (UC560) to query a data source (like MySQL DB) and set the color of the BLF button from "off" to "green" when the employee is signed in.

Since I did not find any way customize the lighting behaviour of the BLFs I don't think this is possible at all.

regards,

Fabian

Everyone's tags (4)
3 REPLIES 3
Hall of Fame Master

Re: Use BLFs as availability / presence monitor

That is not possible, because even if you could adapt to use an external presence server, buttons can only glow red/off-hook, but never other colors.

Beginner

Re: Use BLFs as availability / presence monitor

Hi,

as I thought. Actually the buttons have two-color LEDs red/green. So three colors can be displayed red,green and both mixed as yellow/amber however you prefer to call it.

That the buttons can only glow red/off hook is a CME limitation - right? Perhaps cisco will improve this further down the road :-)

regards,

Fabian

Hall of Fame Master

Use BLFs as availability / presence monitor

The button can only glow red because the only 'presence' state supported by current IOS is 'phone busy'.

I doubt that Cisco has much interest in improving that.