Views
Helpful
Replies

Use BLFs as availability / presence monitor

FAST-DETECT
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I wanted to ask if there are any possibilities to use the BLFs on the phones / extension board (e.g. SPA525G2 + SPA500S) to indicate the presence of a coworker.

Currently all monitor-buttons are "off" in idle state and glow red if the montiored extension is talking.

What I would like to do is, to have the button glow green when the employee is within the company. We have a custom webbased system where employees sign in when they sit at their desk. I would like my CME (UC560) to query a data source (like MySQL DB) and set the color of the BLF button from "off" to "green" when the employee is signed in.

Since I did not find any way customize the lighting behaviour of the BLFs I don't think this is possible at all.

regards,

Fabian

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That is not possible, because even if you could adapt to use an external presence server, buttons can only glow red/off-hook, but never other colors.

Hi,

as I thought. Actually the buttons have two-color LEDs red/green. So three colors can be displayed red,green and both mixed as yellow/amber however you prefer to call it.

That the buttons can only glow red/off hook is a CME limitation - right? Perhaps cisco will improve this further down the road :-)

regards,

Fabian

The button can only glow red because the only 'presence' state supported by current IOS is 'phone busy'.

I doubt that Cisco has much interest in improving that.