cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

use pstn for inbound calls only

Barry Hunsinger
Level 1
Level 1

I have a uc520 running with a sip trunk for all calls. outbound calls dial instantly. when I activate the pstn fxo ports to use for inbound calls only, I get a 15 second delay dialing out. I have the outbound dial plan set for sip only. Is there a better way to set pstn ports for inbound only without causing an outbound delay?

1 Reply 1

mtempro
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Barry,

Does your running config show outbound POTS dial-peers?  If it does check the preference, it may be at it's default of 0 which is the highest preference.  Note: When you set the preference order, the lower the preference number, the higher the priority. The highest priority is given to the dial peer with preference order 0 and it is the default value. You can have a preference value between 0 to 10.

You can also run the command "Show dialplan number 9911", to find matching dial-peers (used 9911 as an example you can test with any 10 or 7 digit number).  The output can be very verbose so you may want to use the "| include tag" filter at the end.  I pasted an example below.

show dialplan number 916473735634 | i tag
        tag = 1020, destination-pattern = `91[2-9]..[2-9]......',
        voice reg type = 0, corresponding tag = 0,
        voice class perm tag = `'

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: