cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

User Licensing in UC560

invtechnologies
Level 1
Level 1

Looking at the licensing options for the UC560 and it shows that the UC comes with "24 user licenses, 6 supplemental user licenses".  What are the limitations of the 6 supplemental licenses?  Can I put 30 users and phones on the system with full extensions and voicemail?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

danplacek
Level 4
Level 4

The 6 supplemental licenses are:

1. 4x Licenses for the FXS ports if you want to run them as SCCP phones via STCAPP. (Most cases not needed)

2. 2x Bonus icenses for "teleworkers".

To answer your question -- yes, all 30 licenses can be used as normal user licenses. So out of box, the UC540 or UC560 can have 30 phones operational at the same time. (Including voicemail)

-Dan

Please rate useful posts.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

danplacek
Level 4
Level 4

The 6 supplemental licenses are:

1. 4x Licenses for the FXS ports if you want to run them as SCCP phones via STCAPP. (Most cases not needed)

2. 2x Bonus icenses for "teleworkers".

To answer your question -- yes, all 30 licenses can be used as normal user licenses. So out of box, the UC540 or UC560 can have 30 phones operational at the same time. (Including voicemail)

-Dan

Awesome...  Just so that I am clear, the following statement from the licensing guide would allow for 40 phones and users.

UC560 (FXO, BRI, or T1E1 model) and 1 x L-UC-PRO-8U=

32 user licenses, 8 supplemental user licenses

That is how it read it but just want to be clear before the quote goes out the door.  Thank you!

Correct, when you add a PAK it comes with 8 additional liceneses, however the first PAK also adds an additional 2 "bonus" licenses (I think they also call them "teleworker" licenses in the marketing material -- its all the same though).

-Dan