Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using CCA to configure 7931 phone to dial outside number

Hey all, first time poster here, so hopefully this is in the right place!  I've recently come across the Cisco Configuration Assistant and have been trying to learn how to use it on my own to manage my company's dozen or so IP phone we use (mostly 7931s, a few 524Gs).

My question is, how do I configure the buttons on the 7931 as shortcuts to dial an outside line?  All the options I'm seeing in the CCA for button type (monitor, watch, normal, CO line, etc.) seem to have only options for internal extensions.

I'm admittedly new to using the CCA, so I'm still learning what half of those options mean.  Thanks in advance for the help!

6 Replies 6

janickle
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

My name is Jason Nickle and I am a voice support engineer here at Cisco Small Business.  When you say that you are looking for a short cut key for an outside line are you referring to speed dial or a C/O line?  Both can be accomplished through CCA.  Please let me know and I will be happy to offer an explanation.

Speed dial to a given phone number.  One-touch dialing of a phone number, in simplest terms.  Thanks Jason!

In CCA to configure speed dials click on:

Configure

Telephony

User and Extensions

Users and phones

Select the phone that you would like to configure the speed dial on and click edit.

Next to the button assignment tab you will see the speed dial tab.  Click on it and then insert you new speed dial in the first open space on the speed dial tab (Don’t forget your steering digit).  

Once applied the new speed dial will take the next open key available on the phone.  Simply press the key to dial the number.

Thanks Jason!  I see what you mean regarding adding phone numbers to the Speed Dial tab.  How do I then assign a speed dial number to the 7931's parallel columns of buttons on the right side of the phone?

There is not currently a way to move the speed dials to a particular button through CCA.  At this time the speed dial just adds to the next available spot on the phone. 

Thanks Jason!  I see what you mean regarding adding phone numbers to the Speed Dial tab.  How do I then assign a speed dial number to the 7931's parallel columns of buttons on the right side of the phone?

That is possible with CLI, but not CCA.

The feature is called 'button-layout' under ephone-template.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: