cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using my fax line for outbound calls only

chrisguertin
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 lines in my home office where I am "testing", "learning", etc with my UC320W (and I let the kids try to break it)!

One line is connected to the first FXO port on the UC320 and does everything I want it to.  My phone company (and cable company) gave me a free upgrade to make my 2nd line (which I have directly connected to my fax machine) also have unlimited long distance like my main line.

If I put a good old fashioned splitter on that line, connecting it to the fax (which I want to answer calls to that line) and also to my 2nd FXO port, can I route outbound calls to it but have it ignore incoming calls entirely?  I currently press 9 to pick an outside line (even though there is just one today) and I don't care which outbound line the UC320 picks (both display my business name and number in the CID data).

My FXS port is connected to a wireless phone system so that port isn't available.

Can I do this?  How is it done?  I don't see an option to do nothing with an incoming FXO call, but maybe (probably) I am missing something obvious.

Thanks.

1 Reply 1

Hi Chris,

Most small businesses will want to answer all incoming calls.  We don't currently provide an option to do nothing with an incoming call.  I suppose as a work around you could route the call to an additional extension, then set the Call Forward No Answer to do nothing.  In this case the additional extension will ring but won't do anything unless you explicitly answer it.

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: