cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using SIP, *9 to activate Intercom of an extension interrupts Current Call

mwarmbier
Level 1
Level 1

These are Cisco 504G Phones running 7.4.9 and/or 7.4.8 SIP.

Here is our issue:

A call comes into the main reception desk, it is for Ext 101. The process for the user is to call *9 101 and activate the intercome and announce the call using the *9 feature. The receptionist will place the call on HOLD, then *9 to Ext 101, activating the intercom and announce the call.

The issue is when is user at Ext 101 is on the phone. The *9 will work…and it should NOT. It should reject the *9 attempt. Instead, it automatically places Ext 101’s CURRENT call on hold, and activates the intercom, allowing the receptionist to talk to Ext 101 (while the remote party is on hold listening to hold music without warning).

Help!

Any suggestions are welcomed!

5 Replies 5

nseto
Level 6
Level 6

In the user tab, there's a setting 'auto answer page'.  Set that to No and see if that resolves the issue.

Nice thought...

BUT....

As expected, it no longer automatically activates the speaker enabling the caller to make an annoucement when there are NO active calls...It does work in the scenario described though...it prevents the interruption of the CURRENT call...

Any other thoughts??

The goal is to be able to have an extension on a call and NOT automatically active the speaker when someone does *9 to their extension...as well as ACTIVATE the speaker when the extension is avaialable...

Unfortunately that's the only option at this time.  I'll forward your comments to the marketing manager. 

Has this been addressed?

Has this STILL not been addressed?

This absolutely eliminates the use of a feature I assured my customer the Cisco 5xx line supported.

This is still the case for version 7.5.5

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: