cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using UC540 integrated switch port for 2nd expansion switch

jpjwarken
Level 1
Level 1

I have situation where due to where runs are terminating in a facility that we ideally would like to use the Expansion port on our UC540 to connect a

SG300-28P and also have a requirement to connect a second ESW-520-8P directly to the UC540 (to expand the port density past the integrated 8 in this closet to 12).  Is this supported via setup in CCA?

Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

iroehm
Level 1
Level 1

Yes, under Switching->Smartports change one of the ports to type Switch and default VLAN to 1.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

iroehm
Level 1
Level 1

Yes, under Switching->Smartports change one of the ports to type Switch and default VLAN to 1.

Hello Sorry for interrupting into the thread but just wanted to know if there is any particular model switches that UC-540 supports. I mean i am planning on using the Expansion port to connect to a switch. I am yet to order the switch. Before i do that i was curious if there is any requirement that UC-540 supports only a perticular model of switches or something like that. Thanks.

In my case here this was the ESW 500 Series, however with these EoLed you want to look at the 300 Series http://www.cisco.com/cisco/web/solutions/small_business/products/routers_switches/300_series_switches/index.html
which are the replacement for ESW 500 and fully supported in CCA.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: