cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VeraSMART error "53-007: Configuration error: no # prompt found"

jeremyneedle
Level 1
Level 1

First, I hope this is the right place. I was told it came w/ a year of support; however, in all the excitement, I didn't inquire if "they" referred to Cisco or Veramark.

So here's the problem; any appreciation would be greatly appreciated. Towards the end of the installation, on the screen where I enter the UC's admin credentials right before the auto-config portion of the setup begins, and I get an error message

"Configuration error: no # available"

[Screenshot attached]

I followed the setup instructions from "UC500 Interface Setup"

aaa new-model

aaa accounting connection h323 start-stop group radius

gw-accounting aaa

no suppress

!

radius-server host x.x.x.x acct-port 1813

radius-server vsa send accounting

radius-server key <password>

!

username cisco priv 15 secret 0 cisco

Obviously, I can login w/ "cisco" "cisco" and get to an enable prompt, however this program goes no further.

I can ping the router from the call accounting server, as well as telnet into it from the call-account server.

I verified the RADIUS key was typed in correctly.

The router's IP is 192.168.10.1

The call accounting server's ip is 192.168.10.31

As per the instructions we're using port 1813.

6 Replies 6

When you login with this user, are you able to get to enable mode and see the "#" prompt?

That is correct. When I telnet into the router it instantly takes me to the # prompt.

In that case, you need to contact Veramark and ask why they are not parsing the prompt correctly. You can also configure the UC500 manually. VeraSMART offers sample configurations on how to achieve this integration.

Thanks,

Marcos

Ok. My partner called them up, and raised a little hell so that they gave us a ticket number. I'd like to keep this discussion open for the time being, and if they help me resolve it, I'll post the solution here.

I must say I really REALLY think its a weakness in their design to necessitate an EXEC shell for CDR accounting.

Good luck! Their support is really good, in my experience.

Marcos

jeremyneedle
Level 1
Level 1

FYI EVERYONE, I FOUND A SOLUTION

Their techsupport had to open a GoTo Assist session and made multiple modifications to the program's XML file [XML configurations that you would have no way of knowing how or what to edit since there is no documentation available unless you pay the $695]

After tech support made these modifications to several of the program's XML configuration files, then it worked beautifully

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: