cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Vertical Service Announcement (SPA 500 Series)

Alex A. Welzl
Level 1
Level 1

I have following issue and could not find any hint on the net:

I want to enable FAT (Call forward all service enabled) and FAF (Call forward all service disabled)'
via softkey on my SPA5xxG phones, sending the entered number to my PBX AND let the the
big "Call Forwarded" label being displayed on the phone. I can achieve the softkey and the
number being sent, but not the label. Or I can achieve the softkey and the label, but not the
number being sent. I did not find any detailed information for the SAEC script syntax in any Cisco
docs either.

So my 2 configs are:

Cfwd All Act Code: *72
Cfwd All Deact Code: *73
Service Annc Base Number: *7
Service Annc Extension Codes: FAT:2;FAF:3
PSK1: fnc=sd;ext=*720633;nme=cfwd;ext2=*73;nme2=-cfwd

In that case, the number from the softkey is being sent to the system, but I have no big label on the phone.

PSK1: fnc=sd;ext=*72;nme=cfwd;ext2=*73;nme2=-cfwd

In that case (all other settings remain identical), I can enter the number 0633 manually on the phone, but only *72 is being
sent to the PBX. Then I do get a big label on the phone (calls forwarded).

So HOW do I combine both approaches and get this issues solved?

1 Reply 1

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
I want to enable FAT (Call forward all service enabled) and FAF (Call forward all service disabled)'
via softkey on my SPA5xxG phones, sending the entered number to my PBX AND let the the
big "Call Forwarded" label being displayed on the phone.

Everyone wish to have something like it ;-)

In that case, ...
In that case ...

Both works only if

1. FAT/FAF request never fail
  2. Forward can be activated/deactivated from this phone only (e.g. it must not be activated/deactivated via other channel as well)
  3. phone never restarts (when forward active)

Unless those conditions are met, your phone may become dissynchronised with PBX

So HOW do I combine both approaches and get this issues solved?

You can't, as far as I know. And be sure I spent a lot of time searching for solution.

Sorry, I have no answer for you. But I can describe our solution. We use spare line key instead of PSK to trigger service. And color of line LED provide feedback to user - it's green when no forward active and red when active. PBX use BLF feature to drive color led. So phone's state is always in sync with PBX despite phone restart, despite the forward has been configured by other channel, ...

Cisco is not willing to make things simple. Who will buy expensive enterprise IP Telephony device if all features will be available on cheap SMB platform ?