cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Voice delay issue

David Schau
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone else experience delay on hearing  the other party of 1-2 seconds?  I do have the fix 2.0.13 loaded but I am not sure if this was present before the UC320 was updated or just since that time.  I need to verfiy the ESW 520s are at 2.1.19 but I think I did check that previously.  This is one of many quirky issues with our first UC320, I will be defaulting and rebuilding it tomorrow for a clean start and see if that helps.

Any suggestions on what you might have done or is my situation unusual?

The product looks good on paper and demos but really is not stable enough yet to meet my expectations.  We can't be spending 4-5 days on an implementation that should take 1 because of problems we have to resolve because of immature code.  Is 2.1 looking alot better?

20 Replies 20

we've installed this and the delay has been reduced to an acceptable level.

Paul,

Thank you for the feedback.  We have not closed out the bug because we feel we can do better.  It will take a different software architecture to fully address the problem which will take some more time to implement and test.

Thanks,

Chris

Hi,

Just wanted to followup on this thread to see if anyone else is currently experiencing voice delay issues with call transfers. I'm working with a customer that is having this exact issue with 1-2 seconds where there is no sound after a call connects from a transfer either internally or from an external call. The UC320 is on the latest firmware 2.3.2 (6) and connected to a SG500-28P. The phones (SPA509G's) and the UC320 are the only devices connected to the switch. Phones are on voice vlan 100 and the SG500 switchports are set to smartport > ip phone + desktop for the handsets and smartport > switch for the port connected to the UC320. Also ran the impedence test on the FXO ports and set the FXO ports to the recommended settings from the test results. Has anyone with this same issue tested SPA phones with power adapters directly from the UC320 switchports? Just wondering if the delay still exists even from those ports. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

ethernity
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

we have the same problem with UC320 (2.3.2(6)) and SPA504G only with one client. We have changed the UC320 and the problem is persistent.

We have other UC320 at other installations and the users have not this problem.

Hi Tony and Chris,

We have created a PMF to improve the audio delay. Please send me an email at wenyang@cisco.com. I will reply you with the PMF. Install the PMF at Status->Devices->Alter PMFs, and apply configure afterwards.

Best regards,

Wendy Yang

Hi everyone,

If you experience the audio delay right after the call is set up. Please go to the link at

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-16301 to download disable_RTCP.pmf.

Please install the PMF at Configure Utility->Status->Devices->Alter PMFs, and apply configure afterwards.

Best regards,

Wendy Yang

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: