cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Voice delay issue

David Schau
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone else experience delay on hearing  the other party of 1-2 seconds?  I do have the fix 2.0.13 loaded but I am not sure if this was present before the UC320 was updated or just since that time.  I need to verfiy the ESW 520s are at 2.1.19 but I think I did check that previously.  This is one of many quirky issues with our first UC320, I will be defaulting and rebuilding it tomorrow for a clean start and see if that helps.

Any suggestions on what you might have done or is my situation unusual?

The product looks good on paper and demos but really is not stable enough yet to meet my expectations.  We can't be spending 4-5 days on an implementation that should take 1 because of problems we have to resolve because of immature code.  Is 2.1 looking alot better?

20 Replies 20

Hi David,

Can you please help characterize the delays?

• Is the delay in setting up the voice path after you answer the call?
  • Is the delay experience while talking, say 30 seconds into the call?
  • Can you describe the call scenario:  SIP Trunks or FXO or  internal?  Incoming or outgoing or both?  If incoming how is the call  routed:  Huntgroup, shared FXO, shared ext, manual transfer, etc?
  • Do you hear the delay on internal only calls?

Thanks,

Chris

I plan to be back onsite tomorrow and can probably get more detail to characterize the issue.

It was reported that it is on intial answering of calls.  Supposedly it is both in bound FXO (through auto-attandant) and internal calls as well.  I do plan to rebuild the conifguration due to issues with the internal FXS port not working properly and the recommendation to do this from support.  Do you have any insight of this happening other places and is there any specific data or traces  I can gather that might help to get this resolved?

Thanks.

Hi David,

Suggest you continue to work with the support center as they can collect your site specific information easily.  For calls coming inbound, turn on the logging on the FXO port(s) (Status -> Support Tools -> Log -> check the FXO ports).  Make the call and save the logs for support engineer analysis.

Another question:  What phone models are they using?

Thanks,

Chris

They are all SPA504G phones.  Anything a known issue with those?

David Schau
Level 1
Level 1

I was onsite a couple of days ago and found the delay seems to be with any call.  Internal calls it  seems like there is a instant where you can hear after answering and then the 1-2 second delay before the voice is clear.  The switches are ESW520s with 2.1.19 and they have not given me any issues with UC500 installs.

The UC320 was defaulted and rebuilt which fixed a problem with the internqal FXS port not working but the delay didn't seem to change.

Support wants us to upgrade to 2.1 which we will probably do but I hope there is a reason other than just trying something for the sake of trying.  I do not see anything in the release notes regarding this issue.

Hi David,

Engineering is looking at the logs and are investigating one or two things that look unusual.  Your SBSC engineer will keep you posted on developments.

Thanks,

Chris

Hello David,

Just thought I would mention that we have noticed the same thing.  We have SPA504 and SPA509's with a UC320W.  When we make an internal call for instace, the person you are calling answers and then there is silence at both ends for about two to three seconds, so you often get a "hello hello" scenario.  So the caller and the called can only hear silence for those first few seconds.

We have not upgraded the firmware yet, but will doing it in the next few days.

Tony

David Schau
Level 1
Level 1

There is a support case and bug report opened for this delay issue so it is being pursued. Upgrading to 2.1 did not seem to make a difference. I would just be patient as Cisco is looking into a fix..

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

aleestma56mz
Level 1
Level 1

I too can confirm that I'm getting complaints of this same issue.  We're on 2.0.13.

Hello,

This is very annoying and getting lot complaints from client. We really need a fix please. However calling through intercom buttons  there is no delay among the same phones via same ethernet switch.

-Azher

Same here, we get the same delay.  Only seem to notice it on internal calls.

Hi all,

Engineering it looking at the delay issue as a priority.  The initial prognosis is it is going to require some significant changes and will take some time to implement and test.  We appreciate your patience.

Thanks,

Chris

riazahmedkhan
Level 1
Level 1

Good Morning Chris: We have been working on this issues for almost a month. We have upgraded all the recommended Firmwares. We have replaced switches as well as UC320Ws'. By now we have spent over 30 hours between our Engineer and myself. Have done all possible configurations. We are using SPA 508, SPA 301 and SPA502. The problem is on all the phones and more than one UC. This problem is consistant with outside calls as well as inside calls. As soon as you answer the phone you can see on display first the time count, then the phone display answering and after that it starts counting time.
The UC320w is in production. We have installed 16 extensions with side cars (additional consoles). Have spent many hours. On Tuesday September 20th we have scheduled to switch to SIP from Cbeyond. I do not want this System to be returned back because of this issue. 

PLEASE HELP!

Rick

Hi,

The UC320 2.1.3 Limited Deployment release announcement has just been made and it contains code changes to reduce this delay. 

Thanks,

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: