Views
Helpful
Replies

voicemail web access

m.dammert
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Community,

is it possible to connect to voicemail with a web bowser?

I think so.

The next question is: how?

Thanks for help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

My name is Max Jelon Harbin. I used to be a UC engineer prior to EOS/EOL. On the UC540 platform there is no ability to go to a web url and view, retrieve, listen, or see envelope information. You can access the CUE web interface via it's IP address (10.1.10.1 [default IP]). This will only provide administrative controls. You can see if there are new voice mails in a particular mailbox but not the content. If you are configuring the UC with CCA, you can enable VoiceView express. This will let you browse voice mails from the phones within the display. 

"The VoiceView Express feature allows voice-mail subscribers to browse, listen, send messages, and manage their voice mail messages from their Cisco IP phone display and soft keys. This feature is an alternative to the telephone user interface (TUI) for performing common tasks."

You could also set up voice mail to email and view them in your smtp client or via IMAP with an IMAP enabled email acct.

That is about it. 

I hope this helps.

**Quick side note: CUCM with full blown Cisco Unity has what you are thinking of but the UC platform use CME and CUE (both express versions).

They do not carry the full feature set of the enterprise editions.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

cchamorr
Level 5
Level 5

Hello, 

Thank you for reaching out but you left out the most important piece of information.

What device is hosting your voicemails?

Please let us know so that we can help

Hi,

i'm sorry :-)

it's an UC540 latest software is installed.

Ok, thank you for the information. 

I'm not a UC engineer but I will reach out to one to see if he can answer your question.

Hello and thank you for your patience,

I spoke to maharbin (a UC500 engineer) and I think he will be giving you an answer soon.

Please let me know if you need more assistance.

Hi,

My name is Max Jelon Harbin. I used to be a UC engineer prior to EOS/EOL. On the UC540 platform there is no ability to go to a web url and view, retrieve, listen, or see envelope information. You can access the CUE web interface via it's IP address (10.1.10.1 [default IP]). This will only provide administrative controls. You can see if there are new voice mails in a particular mailbox but not the content. If you are configuring the UC with CCA, you can enable VoiceView express. This will let you browse voice mails from the phones within the display. 

"The VoiceView Express feature allows voice-mail subscribers to browse, listen, send messages, and manage their voice mail messages from their Cisco IP phone display and soft keys. This feature is an alternative to the telephone user interface (TUI) for performing common tasks."

You could also set up voice mail to email and view them in your smtp client or via IMAP with an IMAP enabled email acct.

That is about it. 

I hope this helps.

**Quick side note: CUCM with full blown Cisco Unity has what you are thinking of but the UC platform use CME and CUE (both express versions).

They do not carry the full feature set of the enterprise editions.

Hey Max,

thanks for answering.

So i can stop my efforts.

VVE is already working on the phones.

I hate calling voicemail box and typing stupid numbers to get a message.

maybe you could help me on another idea/problem.

is it possible to get direct access to VVE pressing the mail or service button on cp7975G and/or direct to a general delivery mailbox ?

best regards

Are you using CLI to configure or using CCA? Let me know and I'll lab it up and try to give you an answer in the next day or two.

Both ways are possible.

First i started with cca because it's more comfortable but later i realized that there is no way to bypass the cli completely.

Thanks for help.