cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VoiceView Express & SPA504G

abillington
Level 1
Level 1

Getting some strange behaviour on a UC540 with SPA504G phones. On some handsets, VVE works just fine and users who are members of BACD groups can access GDM via VVE properly. On an unassigned handset, I can go into VVE, enter the ID and PIN for an agent, and get to the GDM.

On some of the handsets however, selecting the option for the GDM simply puts me back to the ID / PIN prompt.

Further investigation shows a pattern: phones with firmware 7.4.3a work properly, phones with 7.4.6 behave the second way.

Any one else seen similar behaviour, or is the firmware version just a very big coincidence?

Thanks,

Andy

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Just use the firmware that works then.

Otherwise talk to cisco to obtain updated fitmware that works.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Just use the firmware that works then.

Otherwise talk to cisco to obtain updated fitmware that works.

was going to: just wondering if anyone else had seen the issue, given it means "downgrading" firmware to a working one!

Thanks for the nice rating and good luck!

hi Paolo, just a quick question: these phones are all configured using CCA, and have gone to SPCP signalling, and so the phone interface has pretty-much zero configurability compared with SIP. Does the firmware upgrade via phone IP & tftp still work, do you know? Don't want to fry an end-user phone by mistake :-) I tried the update exe in the firmware download package on one test phone, and it just said "update failed".

Also they may end up with different firmware on different handsets .. I know most of your deployments have been CLI based from a previous thread, wondering if you've ever seen problems with mixed firmware running against the same UC / ISR? CCA doesn't seem to let me do Phone 1 = firmware A, Phone 2 = firmware B, so yet again CCA's ruled itself out of play, so probably going to have to go CLI anyway.

Thanks,

Andy

Andy, sorry I don't know anything about the CCA.

thanks. From various configs, I'd say CCA is reasonable for initial setup but then you have to tweak with CLI because there is just so much it can't do, which is lame. The CCA-only support policy makes less and less sense every time this sort of thing turns up: doesn't support SPA8000s, doesn't support Sx300 switches, and these have shipped for ages.