Views
Helpful
Replies

Vonage Sip Provider

paul.sheehan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all;

Does anyone know the parameters to configure Vonage as the generic sip  trunk provider on a UC520?

I have attempted several times to request this info from their tech support but they claim they dont share this info??? The last conversation I was told the proxy and DNS server targets are constantly changing but they would give me the current state. I have tried this but it seems the calls dont complete since they cannot authenticate to their sip proxy.

It does seem odd since both Cisco and Vonage claim to be good working partners in the Sip arena yet they (vonage) arent interested in sharing this info and dont know anything about the UC500 SBCS platform while Cisco does not include this provider in the Sip choices. Is there a future plan to include in the xml script?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Maulik Shah
Level 5
Level 5

Typically we have seen folks connect the UC500 to Vonage using FXO ports as below:

UC500 -- FXO -- FXS -- Vonage ATA -- SIP --- Vonage

They are leary of allowing SIP configuration to be done outside of devices they control and while we do work with them on various different areas (ATAs and the SIP core network) - SIP trunk settings directly on the UC500 is not in the plans. If you do have the settings I can generate an XML file for you (https://www.myciscocommunity.com/thread/7262?tstart=0 has info required for this) but no guarantees this would work given the way the Vonage network is setup (as its more consumer oriented than business SIP trunking).

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Maulik Shah
Level 5
Level 5

Typically we have seen folks connect the UC500 to Vonage using FXO ports as below:

UC500 -- FXO -- FXS -- Vonage ATA -- SIP --- Vonage

They are leary of allowing SIP configuration to be done outside of devices they control and while we do work with them on various different areas (ATAs and the SIP core network) - SIP trunk settings directly on the UC500 is not in the plans. If you do have the settings I can generate an XML file for you (https://www.myciscocommunity.com/thread/7262?tstart=0 has info required for this) but no guarantees this would work given the way the Vonage network is setup (as its more consumer oriented than business SIP trunking).

Thanks for the quick replay Maulik.

This is actually the way I have setup my interconnect however I have had to resort to PSTN parmaeters since the SIP settings are not available. I have some of them,  but as you correctly state they are leary to give all. I managed to entice the DNS and IP settings for each of the ATA's but it seems these are specific to each device as well as each line. Since the client has 2 voice and 1 fax there are 3 seperate IP's with 2 seperate DNS entries. They use the same host address for the ATA which has the voice and fax line but a different host address for the unique 2nd line ATA. The ports are 10,000 for each however. They will not share the proxy server data which they claim is not static. Too bad since everything works great except for the fact sip sessions are actually handled as PSTN  calls.

Agree its not the best option - will reach out to Cisco reps that work with Vonage to see if there is interest but doubt will get much further.