Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN, UC560 and a DSL domestic router.

Hi

I'd like to know whether it is possible configure a VPN in a UC560 connected to a DSL domestic router.

I'd to connect to the router through VPN.

It is that posible with the default UC560 licenses?

do I have to do something in the domestic DSL router?

Thank you

Regards

2 Replies 2

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Waldo,

By default the UC-500 supports IPSEC-VPN and SSL VPN connectivity without the need of a license upgrade, however in order for this to work right, you may need to consider doing the following:

* Put your current DSL modem in bridge mode and have the UC-500 authenticate the connection and do all the routing
* Make sure you have a static IP address, as the VPN will not work on a dynamic IP address ( Well it can but very very difficult).
* Make sure you set it up using CCA, that way you can ensure the firewall is configured right and you can properly throttle bandwidth if you need to

Other than that you should be good to go :-)

Cheers,

David Trad.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Thaks but I think the dsl router is using dinamic ip

So very difficult hu?

Even for the currenly dinamic ip? I mean, taking into account it won't work any more when the ip change.

Thank you.

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: