cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VT Advantage between 2 UC500 Sites

rrockliff
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have a customer that has 2 x UC500 installed at separate sites. They are considering using VT Advantage between these sites with the individual phones being registered with the local UC500.

Will VT Advantage work between the 2  sites as it would do locally, I cannot seem to confirm this in any documentation i can find

Any help is appreciated                  

Cheers

Richard

2 Replies 2

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Richard,

Yep sure does

So long as you have an IPSEC tunnel between the two UC's and the dial-peers are in place I.E you used CCA to create a multi-site configuration, it should work, I say should because I have never done it exclusively using CCA as in the past we had to do it via CLI, but I cannot see a reason as to why it wouldn't work

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Hi David

Thanks for the reply, that's great news.

I don't like the way CCA does the multisite VPN stuff  (or the Firewall, NAT, Translation Patterns etc etc) but it does other stuff really well. So we would be doing either GRE Tunnels (with IPSEC) and or routing via a private WAN.

I assume that as long as we have IP Connectivity between sites and we can route to the CCME ip address that is registered under the Telephony-Service, we should be good to go

We use CCA a lot for phone management, but go "old school cli" for all ACL, VPN, NAT, Firewall functions.

Cheers

Richard