Views
Helpful
Replies

**WARNING** Nasty Bug with SPA-525G2 & Park Slots

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Community,

I wish to bring to the attention of the community a nasty bug residing in the system that relates to the SPA-525G2 phones and the usage of Park Slots, this bug has some serious ramifications to the stability of the system in general and you need to be aware of it when considering deployment options.

First Discovered:    

> 1 month

Effected Phones:    

SPA-525G2 and in particular with a SPA-500S Add-ons, this seems to aggravate the issue more

Phone Load:           

Software Pack:      

8.1 & 8.2   

Side Effects:           

After parking a call the slot flashes yellow and you are unable to retrieve the call, within about 60-90 seconds the SPA-525G will systematically reboot, and may cause other SPA-525G2 phones residing on the network to do the same if there was any attempts by those phones to retrieve that call

Potential Issues:    

If your network consists of more than 1 SPA-525G2 and they have the park slots associated to them as well, the system over a prolonged use, WILL eventually reboot them when a call gets lost in the parking system, after a longer period of time, the UC May become unstable and start to reboot other phones as well, the system will no longer discriminate as to which phones are effected

Known Fixes:        

I have a release candidate firmware from SBS which I have used at one site, it seems to have resolved the problem. However I am informed that this is not publicly released, so you will need to log a case for this issue imediatly, please do not hesitate to log one upon noticing this issue, this issue needs urgent escalation and this can only happy when quite a few ases get logged

Work Around's:    

Whilst not ideal, you will have to train the client to use the transferring method until the issue is resolve, the problem only occurs when the park slot is used, a reboot will bring the system back to normality, but within an hour or at best 2 hours the system will go back into a disfunctional state when trying to use the Park Slots.   

I just need to reiterate that I have only seen this problem on the SPA-525G2, have not yet experienced it on any other model, you will also loose calls that are stuck on that park slot, the client will remain connected until they hang up, but no other phone on the network can retrieve it, just be mindful of that.

If you require the release candidate firmware make sure you ask for it when you log the case.

I hope this helps someone out

Cheers,

David. 

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *
8 Replies 8

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi All,

Just wanted to update this thread and let everyone know that it would seem that the Release Candidate firmware that was given to me by engineer did not end up working

The problem has come back and with a vengence, this time with the problem spilling over into the SPA-50X range where as before it was not.

Case is currently logged and escalated to Engineering again and I am hoping we can come to a resolution on this problem quickly.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Is there any update on this?

Ive got 16 SPA-525G2 Phones and a UC560 that we recently installed. We initially didn't know about the call park issue. We are losing calls in the park slots and phones are rebooting or freezing.

Hi Jacob,

This issue as I understand it stands as being resolved, it was with a special firmware engineering gave me for the 3 clients that were suffering from this problem.

However I am not sure if this firmware was resolved and I don't have access anymore to look at what the case number was to give to you to follow it up with support, I did have multiple case ID's open on this particular issue as I had to approach it with a brute force attitude as it was being extremely disruptive to the effected clients.

Log a case on this immediatley and maybe if the support office sees this thread he might be able to track down case notes and help you resolve the problem.

Cheers,

David.

Thanks for your quick reply david, I will log a case on this now.

I wonder if anyone else is having this problem?

sorry if this is a stupid question. Does the UC560 come included with a service contract so i can log a case with cisco?

Hi Jacob,

Not normally but every Cisco VAR has different methods/offering, it is

highly unlikely though that it was sold without one, unless they had to

shave costs heavily.

Talk to the place that sold it to you and check with them, or look on your

invoice for anything that states SBCS and list them here that way we can

assist in identifying if you have one.

Or last resort is just call support and give them the UC-500 serial number

and they will confirm any contract if any

Cheers,

David.

"Sent from my Acer Iconia A500"

On Mar 12, 2012 7:51 PM, "jacobnakhla" <

Hi David,

I called cisco support and they were very helpful. I've logged a case with them and so far they have issued me with firmware for the spa525g2 phones ver 7-4-9c-003. Its been loaded today and now we are testing it out. So far the park slots have not had any issues today but I will monitor the performace over the week to confirm its fixed with this firmware update. 6 of our spa525G2 phones have the 500s sidecar so this should be a good test for it.

Thanks for your help so far. I will let you know how I go.

Cheers,

Jacob

Hi Jacob,

Good work

I have checked my personal records that I normally keep for this stuff, and yes that firmware proved to resolve the problem it was the same one I used, I did test 2 others for them at the time, both of them still had the problems although in both of those cases the issues didn't happen so frequently.

I am fairly confident you shouldn't have any further problems, but in saying that, every time I say that more problems happen

Cheers,

David.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: