cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

way that people outside the blast group can answer calls?

Mark Smith
Level 1
Level 1

We just installed a UC540 last week and our old phone allowed the phone to only ring at the front desk but anyone else to answer. Is there any way for this to happen on the UC540?

As we have it setup now, a incoming call is forwarded to a two member blast group. The other phones can see incomming calls because they're monitoring one of the lines in the blast group. But they can't see answer a monitored line.

Is there any way for this to work? Even if there is a way to turn off the ring on some phones for only incomming calls that would work too (I could just add the to blast group then).

Any advice is appreicated! Not sure we're ready to look at CLI, but would be appreciated to even know if there are answers in CLI.

-Mark

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

trgood
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Mark,

You may look into Pickup Groups.  You can find them in the CCA admin guide.  Also you may be able to use the pickup softkey.

Let me know if you have any questions!

-Trent Good

** Please rate useful posts! **

-Trent Good ** Please rate useful posts! **

View solution in original post

Hi Mark,

If you are not currently using night service you could do the following:

1) Setup a Floating extensions that Call Forward All's to the blast group.

2) Set that floating extension for Call Forward Night service to the desired extension.

3) Add night service bell to the phones you want to be able to turn night service on or off.

Then whenever you toggle night service the device will forward calls to the preconfigured phone.  Only disadvantage to this is it is not dynamic. However, if they always forward to the same person it will work perfectly.

Alternatively you could use a shared line and you should be able to CFA on that.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

-Trent Good

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

trgood
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Mark,

You may look into Pickup Groups.  You can find them in the CCA admin guide.  Also you may be able to use the pickup softkey.

Let me know if you have any questions!

-Trent Good

Thanks for the help! I got them all setup. and am reading throught the cca admin guide.

I'm not sure if the was the smart way to do it, but I added the 8 phones that might want to answer to a pickup group and then moved the GPickup softkey to the 2nd button so it would always show. They can press Gpickup when the phone rings and it will answer whatever phone is ringing in the pickup group (because I only have one group, they don't have to press anything else). I guess they can also press pickup and then the extension to pickup, but the office is small enough that I don't really think we'll have issues with lots of ringing at one time.

I do have one more question. The two employees at the front desk sometimes take lunch at the same time and they're used to forwarding their phone to another person. I thought that CFwdAll would work for this, but it doesn't forward the blast group calls. Incomming calls go to a blast group that are these two employee phones. But again if I CFwdAll either of their phones to another staff, any calls from inside the system are forwarded but not the calls from the blast group.

Anyone have any suggestions to solve this?

Hi Mark,

If you are not currently using night service you could do the following:

1) Setup a Floating extensions that Call Forward All's to the blast group.

2) Set that floating extension for Call Forward Night service to the desired extension.

3) Add night service bell to the phones you want to be able to turn night service on or off.

Then whenever you toggle night service the device will forward calls to the preconfigured phone.  Only disadvantage to this is it is not dynamic. However, if they always forward to the same person it will work perfectly.

Alternatively you could use a shared line and you should be able to CFA on that.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

-Trent Good

They already are using day/night service so I can't use the first.

The shared line doesn't seem to work as I would expect with our SPA509G. The SPA509g doesn't support octo-line. If one of the two phones in the shared extension are on a shared extension cal, it will then go directly to voicemail.

Is there anything I'm missing as far as solutions go?