cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

what Attendant Console PC applications work with SPA 502 & SPA9000 + SPA400?

bodgeup
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

What Attendant Console applications are available that work with SPA502 handsets, SPA9000 & SPA400?  does CISCO have one?  Are there any free ones?

Thanks

JK

7 Replies 7

info
Level 1
Level 1

there is some paid software, you can find it at http://www.uctrlit.com/CallCtrl/

it also should be possible to talk directly to your SPA phone with UDP packets

that look like this:

NOTIFY sip:213@10.0.3.43:5060 SIP/2.0
Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 10.0.3.62:5060
Max-Forwards: 70
To: <>213@10.0.3.43>
Call-ID: 11112222
CSeq: 1 NOTIFY
Content-Type: application/x-spa-control
Content-Length: 70
Event: x-spa-cti

perhaps someone from cisco can supply us the full specifications on this matter

I have found some more spa-controls:

put call on hold

resume from on hold

\r\n

answer incoming call

\r\n

hangup current call

reject call i think (didn't try it)

\r\n

can divert incoming call on the fly (very handy!)

\r\n

(you need to enable CTI in 'SIP' at the advanced configuration in you SPA phone)

How do i talk directly to the phones using UDP as you mentiones?

If i know how and where to find the commands I am thinking about creating an App to perform a few simple tasks like Show Extension Line Status.

Also I dont know if you can help me with this but i tried enabling "CTI" on the SPA9000 Config page which then enabled CTI on each handset, but Since soing this we had a problem with 1 of our Extensions.  We have a reception hunt group which dials 2 Ext 100 & 101 at the same time, but after setting "CTI Enable"  the 100 Ext rings once after it rebooted on an incomming call to the hunt group but after that call it would no longer ring on an incomming call to the hunt group just 101 Ext rang.  I then set "CTI Enable" to disabled again like it was before and the problem went away, 100 rang with 101 on every incomming call to the hunt group. I cant work out why it would do this, "CTI Enable" shouldnt have that effect should it?

Thanks

John Kenny

you can try passing an UDP packet using linux like this:

echo 'NOTIFY sip:23@172.20.1.170:5060 SIP/2.0
Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 172.20.1.125:5060;branch=z9hG4bK-72327232
Max-Forwards: 70
To: <23>
Call-ID: 1114917949-1279875950-1375837413
CSeq: 8 NOTIFY
Content-Type: application/x-spa-control
Content-Length: 72
Event: x-spa-cti
User-Agent: Linksys/SPA9000-6.1.5

' >> /dev/udp/172.20.1.142/5060

beware when using User-Agent, you are allowed to leave them away, if you don't

these are accepted (perhaps others, but FreePBX, asterisk etc. will not work and your phone will not respond)
User-Agent: Linksys/SPA9000-6.1.5
User-Agent: Call Ctrl 1.1 32

also above there should be a blank line, if not it won't work as well

it looks like cisco/linksys tried to block other people using the CTI function, can someone from cisco shed a light on this matter?

if this is not the case, please supply us with the documentation to use those functions

regarding your question at your SPA9000, I don't know I threw the SPA9000 in the corner after using it for 30 minutes,

I found configuring the device was too difficult and very unfriendly, perhaps I'm too simple minded

Thanks for your help.  No i dont think your simple minded the SPA9000 is a pain, Ive not had very much experience using Cisco VOIP systems I normally Install, setup & mantain MITEL systems.  But the SPA9000 & SP400 i just installed for a small business client is being a nightmare.  I have had to Disable "CTI ENABLE" option as when i enabled it the hunt group i set up for the reception phones stopped working correctly, the first EXT in the group would stop accepting calls after 1 call.  But as soon as changing "CTI ENABLE" to disabled again the problem went away.  So I cant use that anyway now so I cant use any of these commands or even use Call Control software.  Ive posted a thread about this but nobody has replied, which is a pain as i really would like to use "CTI ENABLE" to use CCM software.

But thanks for your help I will keep this in mind for future reference, I hope all CISCO VOIP systems are not like the SPA9000?

I'm looking at getting the UC320 for a new clients site.  Hopefully its more refined than the SPA9000.

JK

John,

I believe I replied to your previous post, but Call Ctrl will working w/ the SPA9000, UC320, but we now support the phone directly. If you have a SPA900, SPA500 or SPA300, Call Ctrl will support it. As long as it runs under a SIP-compliant.

Give us a shout and can take a quick look into your problem and will most likely require a little troubleshooting and tweaking your setting to get everything in sync.

Steve Wofford

www.uctrlit.com/CallCtrl

Call Manager for SPA IP Phones

Can anybody confirm if these call control commands also work on the new 500 series phones as well as the 900 series?