cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What is UCXN-9X-SC-PORTS ?

R. Clayton Miller
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What is UCXN-9X-SC-PORTS added in the validation as a $0? 

This looks like Speech Connect Ports, but I don't see it mentioned in the BE6k 9.1 ordering guide.  This is an included item number, but it only kicks out one.  A recent 9.0 ELM licnese I loaded only shows one as well.  Does this mean the customer only is allowed one similtaneous port for Speech Connect with Unity Connection 9.1?  I see no option under the R-CBE6K-K9 SKU to add more ports.

3 Replies 3

rybloom
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

With Unity Connection, Speech Connect is enabled by default but only up to 2 concurrent ports.  With the one UCXN-9X-SC-PORTS SKU you can enable all ports on the system to support Speech Connect (dial by name in Directory Handlers) on the system.

Thanks,

Ryan

Andrew Hickman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

If you need more Speech Connect ports (or you need SpeechView), then these may be ordered using L-UNITYCN9-LIC-UPG.

Cheers

Andy

Speech Connect and SpeechView are two completely different features of Unity Connection... 

• Speech Connect is the voice enabling of system Directory Handlers and is included with Unity Connection at not cost.
  • SpeechView is Unity Connection's Voicemail Transcription service and is a subscription based offering, licensed per subscriber per year in addition to a voicemail license. 

Thanks,

Ryan