cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What phones support extension mobility with the UC520?

rjsmithoh
Level 1
Level 1

I've been reading through the various posts and product docs and it's not clear to me what specific Cisco phones will support extension moblity with the UC520. I'm basically looking for a entry level phone like the SPA502G (1 line, speakerphone) that will support extension mobility. The Q&A pages for the SPA5xx phones specifically say they do not support extension mobility. Anyone shed some light on this for me? Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

CP52x phones do not support it, but they are EOS so maybe moot point there.  These were replaced with the SPA500 series phones.

The new SPA500 series phones (except SPA501G support it for SIP Mode (hosted service provider offering) since launched.

An internal feature request (tracked by CSCtb52688) Enabled extension mobility support for SPA phones on UC500 series"

...shows integration with SPA500 series phones resolved in August 2009. Need to confirm what release that phone code made it in.

The Cisco 7985 video phone does not.  The 7936 Conference Phones do not, the 7937 does. All other Cisco IP phones operating SCCP mode do as well.

The support in Cisco Configuration Assistant (CCA) for Extension Mobility is not there yet, but is on the list high on the priority order for the release coming early next Calender year (this is not a commitment please).

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

CP52x phones do not support it, but they are EOS so maybe moot point there.  These were replaced with the SPA500 series phones.

The new SPA500 series phones (except SPA501G support it for SIP Mode (hosted service provider offering) since launched.

An internal feature request (tracked by CSCtb52688) Enabled extension mobility support for SPA phones on UC500 series"

...shows integration with SPA500 series phones resolved in August 2009. Need to confirm what release that phone code made it in.

The Cisco 7985 video phone does not.  The 7936 Conference Phones do not, the 7937 does. All other Cisco IP phones operating SCCP mode do as well.

The support in Cisco Configuration Assistant (CCA) for Extension Mobility is not there yet, but is on the list high on the priority order for the release coming early next Calender year (this is not a commitment please).

Hope this helps.

SPA500 SPCP support of Extension Mobility with UC500 should be in uc500-advipservicesk9-mz.150-1.XA (the 8.0.0 bundle zip), using CLI until next CCA release to support it.