Views
Helpful
Replies

When plugging UC320W lan port to another Switch, network stalls

lap
Level 1
Level 1

Hello People,

I decided to change the topology to let a 3rd party DHCP server (SBS 2011) handle DHCP. After applying the changes, I plug the network cable between the UC320W and the Linksys/Cisco SRW2016 Gigabit switch. Soon after the whole network stalls.

It's like a collision storm, can't ping anything-no connectivity at all. The only way to get the network back is to unplug the network cable between the UC320W and the Linksys switch. But I had to reboot the UC320W as well - cannot access the web interface or ping the UC320W.

I tried different topologies with no difference. No matter what I do, if I plug the network cable from one of the lan ports to the Linksys switch, the whole network stalls.

The only setting I have changed recently is the SBS 2011 DHCP server, I added option 150 and pointed it to the voice vlan IP.

Any suggestions?

1 Reply 1

Hi Lap,

Suggest giving the Deploying UC300 with Windows SBS document a read.  The Windows SBS server should be the DHCP server for the DATA vlan/subnet not the voice vlan.  If you are still having problems after reviewing the document, please post a topology diagram.   http://www.diagram.ly/    is a pretty powerful webtool for building quick diagrams.

Cheers,

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: