cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Where are the ringtones and background images stored on SPA525G?

lukekrouse
Level 1
Level 1

I noticed that it appears that the ringtones and background images are not being referenced in the same folder location as the 7900 series phones. Typically on the UC520 the ringtones are stored in the flash:/ringtones..folder and the images are stored in Desktops/xxx folder.

Where are those ringtones and images stored on the SPA series phones, in particular 525G?

Thanks,

4 Replies 4

michfost
Level 1
Level 1

You can connect a USB storage to your PC and create a directory named 'pictures' on the USB device and copy the image files into that directory. The image files must be between 30K and 300K in size the phone will be able to read 45 images from the USB device. Connect the USB device to the Cisco SPA525G/525G2. Next, press the setup button, user preferences, screen preferences, wallpaper. Scroll to the image you would like to use.

Ring tones can be found in the audio preferences.

Regards,

-Mike

Mike,

How do I add new ringtones to the list? Are the 525G referencing RingList.xml?

There is a ringtone utility that you can download here:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9944/

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Regards,

-Mike

That tool is going to be helpful. However, the only ringtones that I see on the phone are Chirp 1 and Chirp 2. This is integrated with a UC520, so my other question is do the SPA525g read from the same RingList.xml as the 7900 series phones? Or do I need to tftp a different RingList that the SPA phones are looking for.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: