cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Where is (Italian) language install ingredients & recipe ?

Arturo Bianchi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

I think that the installation of languages pack is still a little trivial :-(

Currently, the ingredients of my recipe are UC540-8.0.2.zip, CME-locale-it_IT-7.0.1.1.tar and cue-vm-it_IT-langpack.uc500.8.0.2.prt1; I have update an UC540 and regional setting is now Italian but CUE still speaks in English!!! Unfortunately I can not understand how I can use the file cue-vm-it_IT-langpack.uc500.8.0.2.prt1 also because within the package is installed cue-vm-en_US-langpack.uc500.7.1.3.prt1.

It 's a problem of version (even if they do not find the 7.1.3) or is it a question of procedure, I think missing a howto to simplify the setup of the region or I am wrong?

What's the most reliable way to do the setup of the region (not only Italian).

Thanks,

Arturo.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

vcappucc
Level 1
Level 1

Arturo, Salve.

please follow this link http://www.cisco.com/pcgi-bin/swsrch/SWSearch_results.cgi/SWSearch.txt?searchPhrase=cue-vm-it_IT-langpack.uc500.7.1.3&isChild=false&file_delimiter=contains to obtain the cue-vm-it_IT-langpack.uc500.7.1.3 Laguage Pack

if you have any issues downloading the file or changing the language in the CUE Module in your UC540 device, please call us @ our tol free support number, and we will be very happy to assist you in this

Thanks,

Victor.-

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

vcappucc
Level 1
Level 1

Arturo, Salve.

please follow this link http://www.cisco.com/pcgi-bin/swsrch/SWSearch_results.cgi/SWSearch.txt?searchPhrase=cue-vm-it_IT-langpack.uc500.7.1.3&isChild=false&file_delimiter=contains to obtain the cue-vm-it_IT-langpack.uc500.7.1.3 Laguage Pack

if you have any issues downloading the file or changing the language in the CUE Module in your UC540 device, please call us @ our tol free support number, and we will be very happy to assist you in this

Thanks,

Victor.-

Hi Victor,

This is absolutely unacceptable and should be simplest change to make on the UC500. I spent the better part of 4 hours trying to change the CUE language to GB_English with the TAC and 2 weeks on and off, with Small Business Pro support.The fact that Cisco is file sharing https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9829 version 8 language package when it should be providing version 7 is extremely frustrating and misleading. The CCA Administration guide instruction are also incorrect.

It seems to me Cisco has brushed aside its international partners which is out of character for a company who is so precise with its processes and documentation.

Conclusion, if you want to change CUE language be prepared to use command line.

software install add url ftp://IP_Address/cue-vm-languagepack.uc500.7.1.3.pkg username XXXX password XXXX.

Make certain your specific language cue-vm-en_GB-langpack,uc500.7.1.3.prt1 file is within FTP.

Once you have successfully changed the CUE language test and confirm. CCA will still indicate that the default language US English is installed on the CUE (bug).

Also will I'm on a rant, what is the significance of the Region tab within CCA as there is no option to select Australia. No one within Cisco has been able to answer this question. Your help would be very much appreciated.

Hi,

thanks Victor for the phone support  .

Now I'm doing other tests... with the correct version file works also setup wizard of CCA :-) , so should correct them as soon as the download page to avoid that others having the same difficulties... I unzip on C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\CiscoSMB\Cisco Configuration Assistant\appdata\phoneloads the file SCUE-UC500-7.1.3.zip and I copy cue-vm-it_IT-langpack.uc500.7.1.3.prt1 in the same directory and now the setup wizard allows me to change region setting!

NB: the next time I check even if it works from CLI unzip everything in the root directory of the FTP server as well as recommended by you.

Arturo

Hi Arturo, very happy it is working now for you

Thank you!

Victor.-

Wow how sad is the CCA

I completed the test using the setup wizard and although I could select the correct language on GUI, after two hours I found again the system in English only!!! I'm going to do more tests. I understand that the road fast and functional is only the one mentioned by Victor: ftp server and pkg install from CLI . A long reboot after the "software install add url ftp://ip.ip.ip.ip/cue-vm-langpack.uc500.7.1.3.pkg user arturo password astalavista" and after I can change the language via web interface http://10.1.10.1 !!!!

NB: of course, during the installation I selected the desired language and CUE module start to download the file cue-vm-it_IT-langpack.uc500.7.1.3.prt1.

Arturo

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: