Views
Helpful
Replies

Which UK SIP Trunk Provider?

paul.knott
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm looking for a UK SIP trunk service provider. I dont wish to be tied to a specific ISP. Does a list of confirmed working providers exist?

Best regards,

Paul.

7 Replies 7

nmanglik
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Paul,

Please refer to the link that documents all the UK SIP service providers.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-15041

Regards,

Nitin.

Paul Williamson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Paul,

I use voiptalk.org in the UK quite successfully.  Not had any problems with them and very easy to set up.  I have them on my UC320W and also on my iphone (via the Bria app).  Works great on both. 

If you want to use Voip on your mobile also, bear in mind that some (I think it might actually all of them but not certain) UK mobile phone providers they block Voip unless you pay them more money - so you can either pay them more money or set up a VPN to one of your servers like i did!  Obviously you won't have to worry about that with your UC320, just set it up and go!

All the best,

Paul.

Paul,

I am looking at replacing a SPA9000 with the 320.

I also use Voiptalk.org, with about 90% success with the 9000.

Thus are you open to sharing your config on the 320? As I am looking to replace the 9000 and a Granstream GXW4104.

Thanks

Peter

Afternoon Peter,

Of course, it's a pleasure:

Description:  Voiptalk

Proxy:  voiptalk.org

Require Registration: Ticked

Uses SIP Remote-Party-ID:  Unticked

Outbound Proxy:  nat.voiptalk.org

Only Allow Calls To:  (Leave this box blank)

Call Capacity: 2

Prefix dialed numbers with "+44": Unticked

Company Name: (Leave this box blank)

Account ID:  Enter your Account ID in this box, e.g. 8442855xx (where the xx are also numbers)

Authentication ID: 

Account ID:  Enter your Account ID in this box, e.g. 8442855xx (where the xx are also numbers this is the same number as entered in the Account ID box above)

Password:  Enter your voiptalk password for the account number entered above

SRV Record Lookup:  Unticked

SRV Auto Prefix:  Unticked

NAT Mapping: Unticked

Send Nat Keep Alive: Unticked

Local SIP Port: 5060

It's pretty straigh forward but let me know if you have any problems and we'll see if I can get a number to you to give me a call and I'll try talk you through it.

Regards,

Paul.

Thanks Paul,

I just need to get a 320 now!

Will come back when it's on site and I've played.

And FYI - I use Bria for VOIP on my 4s, with VOIPtalk. Used to work but not used in a while.

Peter

Bit of an update on using Voip on your mobile in the UK.  I upgraded (I use the term upgraded loosely, to be honest, it's more of a downgrade from the iphone 4S ) to an iphone 5 and went from T-Mobile to EE (I know technically it's the same firm) and I can now use VOIP without having to send the traffic via a VPN.

I also realise tha I use brackets far too much!

All the best,

Paul.

vndsolutions
Level 1
Level 1

https://myaccount.conf247.com/callrate.php

check them out, they provide good quality SIP trunk with 1/1 billing. Email at info@conf247.com
you will get 1$ FREE credit for testing.

cheers!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: