cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Why are all my dates wrong?

apedder123
Level 1
Level 1

All the SPA525G and SPA525G2 handsets we support on UC500s are showing the date as the 02/02/2012.Including our own!

None have an NTP server set, so they shouldn't be getting incorrect time data from anywhere.

SPA524s and SPA509s on the same systems seem fine.

The actual UC500s (mix of UC520 and 540s) have the correct date on them.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Adam

27 Replies 27

rserio
Level 1
Level 1

So I was on the phone with one of the best techs at the Cisco Small Business, Lindsey and they are actively working on a resolution to the Groundhog Day Anomaly (I still am trying to coin this phrase) on the 525G phones.  I expect there to be a firmware update for the phones later today.

Glad to hear it.  We are also experiencing the same problem with all of our SPA525G handsets.

Brandon Turpin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

We have reproduced this here and are currently investigating this. 

Thanks,

Brandon

Having being notified of the very same issue by a customer today, I was going to sort this first thing in the morning thinking it was a configuration issue, but it seems the config is not the case. If it wasn’t for the original poster I would have been none the wiser, so thanks Adam 

chris.wilson
Level 1
Level 1

I agree...thanks Adam for that original post.  Any word on a firmware update or other fix for the 525s?

Chris

rifflewader
Level 1
Level 1

I have 3 systems that have 525G2 phones that have this issue as well. Any word on the fix?

Mike

Hi,

We are tracking this with CSCtx71387.  I don't have an update on the fix, yet.

Thanks,

Brandon

Got the same Problem.

40 pieces of SPA525G / G2 on a UC560 and the phone is one day up.

Setting manally the 01.02.2012 on CLI the phone shows 02/02/2012...

please hurry up with an sollution....

Great,  I thought I was going crazy.  We have 1 x 525g2 (v.7.4.8)  here in the office and it's one day up too.  All other 7900 phones are fine. We have 2 other customers that have also reported that their date is up by one day too..  But today they're getting ansy (as all small -Mid businesses do)..

Hi All,

Just a quick update on this.  It looks like there is an issue with the logic for the date due to the leap year that affects the date for the month of February.  Only the date displayed on the LCD is affected and only for the month of February.  The web gui has the correct date. 

We are working on a patch for this and will post an update as soon as we have more information.

Thanks,

Brandon

What is the best way to resolve this so the phone displays the correct date while we await a patch?

If the web GUI is right, and the phone GUI is wrong, then setting the web GUI back -1 may cause other issues as well as SNTP sync problems.

Thanks.

Why is this taking so long to resolve?  The bug says that it is resolved.  I have clients that are screaming at me about this.

Has anyone tried 7.4.9c firmware to see if the problem still exists in that load?

I have many clients also upset about this one.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: