cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Why are my transfers all going to voicemail?

jon.armani
Level 1
Level 1

Just set up this UC540 with all SPA509G phones, but when a user tries to transfer a call to another user, the call will play hold music (presumably while the 1st user is initiating transfer), then get a ring or two, then get the voicemail greet message for the destination user.  This happens regardless of whether the destination user is on their phone or not.  I'm fairly positive that simply calling one extension from another goes through okay, just transferring is weird. 

I'm using CCA to configure the UC540, but cannot find anything on it.  In Configure --> Telephony --> Users and Extensions --> Users and Phones where I set the lines assigned to buttons, I checked "Voicemail" because I want them to have a voicemail box; Or is that where my issue is?

6 Replies 6

jon.armani
Level 1
Level 1

Update: I checked the phone template, and the third softkey is SUPPOSED to be Transfer (and the "Transfer" they were hitting was actually TransferVM).  But now the issue is that the third sofkey is blank, and pressing it does nothing, even though template 16 is assigned to all phones and template 16 says the 3rd button should be Transfer while Connected.

Any ideas?  This is happening on all connected phones. 

jon.armani
Level 1
Level 1

Nobody?  I think everyone started their weekend early.    Still experiencing the missing Transfer softkey issue.  I would open a case with Cisco support but it's not a system-down issue, so I'm starting here in the forums.

you can try re-apply the template.

I would use CLI and remove and re-apply. It is amazing how many times this resolves issues on the UC500 product

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

I've heard that once you go CLI you should stick with CLI.  If I did as you proposed, would I not be able to use CCA anymore?

Hi Jon,

You can use CCA now to configure the ephone templates, just make sure you are using CCA 3.1.1, it wont let you change the default ones, but there is no harm what so ever to create new ones, just copy the existing ones into a txt file so it is easy to recreate them again, and then apply the newly created template to the phones.

This should resolve your problem, even though the issue you are having should not be happening if this is a default install.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

David,

Thanks for the help; I created a brand new template and assigned it to everyone's phone.  The new template actually kept the defaults of what I wanted (the default template's settings) so I just created it, checked it had the settings I wanted, then applied it to all phones, but the issue still exists.

So this didn't help, and I'm not sure why it's not working.  Yes I am using CCA 3.1.1 and the UC540 and SPA509G firmwares are all up-to-date.

Jon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: