cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Why Call Blast Groups under Phone Groups is missing?

ciscomorales
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, i did a Factory Reset to my UC520 System and using the CCA 2.2 then i try to configure the Call Blast Groups under Phone Groups but this option is not  showed up. Do you know why? The reason for the factory reset was that originally i configured the UC520 as PBX system but we have the need to incoming calls ring at the same time in all users extensions and in some documentation i read that is only possible if i configure like KEY System. Thanks for any guidence to solve this issue. I have the following versions:

IOS: 12.4(11)XW7

CME: 4.2(0)

CUE:3.0.3

1 Reply 1

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi ciscomorales,

I can not see any reason as to why it is not available in CCA as i have recently used it to configure a blast group with it, however please read below.

but we have the need to incoming calls ring at the same time in all
users extensions and in some documentation i read that is only possible
if i configure like KEY System. Thanks for any guidence to solve this
issue. I have the following versions:

If i have read your comment correctly this is not true and there is at least 3 ways i know you can achieve this in a PBX environment, please see below.

1. Blast Groups or also known as Parallel Hunt Groups

You can direct your incoming calls to point to a Parallel Hunt Group and assign extensions to that particular group (You can have multiples of them) this allows for all extensions in that group to ring at the same time (CCA can do this)

2. Virtual DN's

You can create virtual DN's and then assign them to a button or overlay them to a button, you then point your incoming calls to go to that DN either via rules or connection plar'ing if your using PSTN lines, this is al great little option to look at. (CCA can do this but CLI is quicker)

3. Trunk Line Monitoring

This is more difficult to do as there is multiple levels of configuration, but it allows you to run your system in a virtual Key system mode whilst still in a PBX environment, great way to try and keep the client within a comfortable working environment they are used to if they do not like change. ( Can only be done on the CLI CCA does not support this method)

All this information can be found on the Cisco website, it would take me fore every to try and outline how to do each method for you on here (Sorry! :)).

I hope this information helps you and answers your questions.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: