cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless Phone

aapexisinc
Level 1
Level 1

Are there any plans to add a wireless phone option like the 7921 for the UC500?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi There,

I had already canvassed this question off-line

At this stage I would highly recommend plugging in a cordless DECT phone into the FXS port at the back of the device, this should work quite well.

Just a thought for consideration.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi There,

I had already canvassed this question off-line

At this stage I would highly recommend plugging in a cordless DECT phone into the FXS port at the back of the device, this should work quite well.

Just a thought for consideration.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Thanks for the reply.  That's certainly an option, but unfortunately requiring additional FXS ports if you also want a fax machine and/or more than one line for cordless phones.  Also, not as clean a solution as presenting the package with the 7921 (or equivalent) from Cisco.

Hi There,

I should confirm something (Yet to fully test it) the SPA-525G2 should work on the UC-320W using the inbuilt Wi-Fi of the 525G.

Whilst not the same as a 7921 or equivalent, it is another option to be considered, the downside to this is that you will need to get a plug pack for the phone as you will no longer be using PoE, but hey its still a viable option

Cheers,

David.

mmonday
Level 1
Level 1

Using the SPA525G wirelessly(wifi)  is a supported configuration.  There is a limit to how many wifi phones you can use and this should be documented in technical deployment guides.  This is a great solution, since a SPA525G does not move around, so no problems with phones moving in and out of wifi range, and you can place a phone, even where there is no ethernet cable.

Mark

That is a good feature; I've used the 525G wirelessly before to considerable advantage.  However, my question really dealt with the mobility allowed by the 7921G.  Customers want the ability to roam around a factory floor or an office without being tethered to a fixed phone.

Completely understand the need and request.  There are several things in the works, but for now, the best solution is to attach a DECT device to FXS ports on UC320 or SPA8800

Stayed tuned we are working on it.

Mark

How far from the handset will the user be?  The 525G supports bluetooth.  You can purchase any bluetooth headset from a local source (like Walmart) and pair it with the 525G.  The headset may not have the range you are looking for but it is another option.

There is reference here to using an DECT phone on an FXS port as a solution to the lack of a wireless phone for the UC320 series.  Is there any reason for the DECT part.  I guess what I mean is other than the frequency used, does a DECT phone support any other features are basic 2400/900/etc freq phone does not support?  If so, where can I get that documentation or information?

Also, while a SPA525G and a bluetooth headset is nice, I have not been able to find a headset that is a handset.  In other words, I would be happy to have each SPA525G have a paried cordless handset that had the ability to dial out.   For the most part, headset only let you receive calls, not place them unless the headset itself supports voice dialing and that makes them very expensive typically more than a cordless voip phone.

Does anyone have an inexpensive solution for a wireless phone on a UC320 that supports in and outbound calling?

How about: Paging to the phone?  Caller ID and VM Waiting Indicator?

I am open to any suggestions.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: