Views
Helpful
Replies

Xfer as a hard key?

support
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

We have two UC320W's installed at different sites with a mix of SPA504 and SPA509 phones, and a number of our users have been complaing that they find it difficult to transfer a call, in that it does not always work.

I have finally narrowed down the cause.  When they press Xfer then call the person they want to transfer it to, the Xfer button is visible, however when the recipient picks up the receiver at the other end the soft keys reset for a second and the xfer button is not available.  The person transefrring the call therefore presses what was the xfer key, now nothing, and hangs up.  This essentially leaves the call on hold.

The screen reset is only for about a second but often with our customers they are in the same room as the person they are transferring the call to so they have already told them physically who is on the line and they press the "key" when they see the recipient pick up their handset.  If they had pacients and looked at the screen or did a bxfer this would not be an issue, but when have users ever done what they are told.

It has occured to me that this could be fixed if I could program one of the hard keys to be an xfer button aswell, but the option is not available, unlike group pick up etc.  Can I suggest that Xfer be added to the hard key options in the UC320W.

Thank you,

Tony

P.S. If this is not the correct place to put suggested changes please let me know where I should be posting or emailing.

13 Replies 13

Hi Tony,

This appears to be a known bug.  Depending upon the transfer type, you can use the speed dial or BLF button (one per transfer target) to do  blind transfers.

Thanks for posting the detailed reproduction instructions.  This is the correct place for your posting.

Cheers,

Chris

Hi Christopher,

As a "known bug", is it being fixed?

Tony

Hi Tony,

Engineering has a CDET number assigned and is actively looking for a solution.

Chris

Has there been any movement with this? I have 2 UC320W's that loose the trasfer option when another call comes in while the transfer is in progress.

Hi Glen,

Are you using the latest firmware 2.3.2(6)? Is your issue exactly the same as the original posted issue? Please describe your issue in detail.

Best regards,

Wendy Yang

Wendy,  I am running the latest firmware as I hoped that would fix the issue, but it has not.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The below is a decsription of the issue from my admin....

IF the 2nd call comes in BEFORE I begin the transfer, then I can put the 1st call on hold.  BUT if I have pushed the transfer button and begin to dial the agents number I want to transfer call number 1 too, I have the agent I am dialing on the phone and cannot transfer call 1 to that number.  When I put call number 1 on hold, then I can answer call #2.  BUT now I have dialed an agent and had to hang up on them, and call number 1 is still on hold.  Once I deal with call number 2 and go back to call 1 who is still on hold, every time I try to transfer them to the agent it lights up line 2 and I cannot connect the two.  IF someone else in the office answers call number 2 my phone screen will still not go back to having the transfer button so I still cannot transfer the call.  So the problem seems to be when a transfer is in process and a 2nd call comes in, your 1st caller is not going to be serviced correctly and the only thing to do is go back to that call and just tell them the agents number so they can dial it themselves.  So basically we only have a 1 call phone system because if a 2nd call comes in while trying to transfer you are stuck.

remaxedge
Level 1
Level 1

Tony,  Did you ever get a resolutino to this ??  I am having the same issue and running the latest firmware.

No, I sent examples with screen shots directly to Wendy Yang and have not heard back yet.

I am also running 2.3.2(6)

Here is what I experience without pictures.

------------------------------------------------------------

We have a UC320W on 2.3.2(6) firmware and 6 SPA504G phones.

Person "A" calls in and is routed to a shared extension and is answered.  That call is then warm transferred.

302 xfers to 301, prior to pushing xfer a second time to complete the call, person "B" calls in on the shared extension.

When this happens, there is no way to complete the transfer and take the incoming call.

If we answer the new call from person "B', it puts both person "A" and ext 301 on hold and we cannot find a way to reconnect both person "A" and ext 301 without asking ext 301 to hang up and retransfer person "A" to 301.

If we ignore the call, we also lose the button to transfer

I can resume the call with person "A" and retransfer but this is not an acceptable solution as this system takes many calls.

Hello Anthony,

I beleive that the firmware following my query had the fix for the issue, it reduced the length of time the screen was blank. It woudl not surprise me however if the problem has reappeared.

Cheers,

Tony

Hi all,

There are normally only 2 concurrent calls on each phone line unless you configure extra phone lines for the same extension. If there is no extra line enabled and 2 call appearances are both used, the transfer softkey is hidden/unavailable because transfer action requires another call appearance. That is why transfer softkey is unavailable if you have the 2nd call comes to the phone line which are already occupied by 2 calls.

Hope it clarifies your questions!

Best regards,

Wendy Yang

Hi Wendy,

We have set up a shared extension and increased the number of concurrent calls to 4.

So shouldn’t the XFER soft key be present as we can have 4 concurrent calls and only 3 are in use?

Thanks

Glen

ReceptionistBB
Level 1
Level 1

I have this current problem, I'm using SPA504.  When I try and transfer an incoming call, and the internal line picks up, I am not able to transfer, they stay on hold.  It does not happen every time.  How do I fix this?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: