cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2 separate VPN tunnels for 1 peer?

hmc250000
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, can you create 2 separate tunnels (for different networks of course) for 1 VPN peer? 

WE are having a tunnel between an ASA and sonicwall to connect 2 of our internal sites (ASA) to an outside vendor (sonicwall VPN device). THe tunnel was working fine when the outside vendor was connecting to only 1 of our internal sites. However when the networks of the second internal site were added to the tunnel the tunnel keeps disconnecting. 

So I wonder what this issue could be and actually also wonder if we can create two separate tunnels for each internal site to the outside vendor using the same peer address.

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

if the remote side have 2 Public IP address you can have 2 tunnels.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Perhaps we can get some clarification about this situation. Am I correct in understanding that this involves a single ASA establishing VPN to a single SonicWall? I am not clear how the 2 sites are connected and where the ASA fits into this.

If we are talking just about tunnels, then @balaji.bandi is correct that with a second IP address that a second tunnel could be used. But I do not think that is the case when we introduce IPSEC. Unless things have changed since the last time I looked into it Cisco did not support 2 IPSEC connections to a single remote peer.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick