cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2 separate VPN tunnels for 1 peer?

hmc250000
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, can you create 2 separate tunnels (for different networks of course) for 1 VPN peer? 

WE are having a tunnel between an ASA and sonicwall to connect 2 of our internal sites (ASA) to an outside vendor (sonicwall VPN device). THe tunnel was working fine when the outside vendor was connecting to only 1 of our internal sites. However when the networks of the second internal site were added to the tunnel the tunnel keeps disconnecting. 

So I wonder what this issue could be and actually also wonder if we can create two separate tunnels for each internal site to the outside vendor using the same peer address.

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

if the remote side have 2 Public IP address you can have 2 tunnels.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Perhaps we can get some clarification about this situation. Am I correct in understanding that this involves a single ASA establishing VPN to a single SonicWall? I am not clear how the 2 sites are connected and where the ASA fits into this.

If we are talking just about tunnels, then @balaji.bandi is correct that with a second IP address that a second tunnel could be used. But I do not think that is the case when we introduce IPSEC. Unless things have changed since the last time I looked into it Cisco did not support 2 IPSEC connections to a single remote peer.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: