Views
Helpful
Replies

2511-RJ45 lab TS

djraw85
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I was wondering if I could get some guidance / help.

What I want to achieve is to be able to access my TS from the web so I can log into my lab. 

I have hooked up the 2511 to my home router (to link archer vr2800) yet the router does not see the cisco. so I have had to create a static route. this then enables the 2511 to successfully ping the gateway.

but how do I get the 2511 to be accessible remotely? would I need to use a dyndns service? put the 2511 in the DMZ?

Thanks in advance for all help.

Regards

Dan

3 Replies 3

djraw85
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone have any ideas with this?

If this is in the wrong section please advise

thanks

Dan

Hi,

I assume the Cisco 2511 router has a private IP address? If yes, you'd need to setup port forwarding on your internet router (the vr2800) and forward the port(s) you want to connect to, to the private IP address of the 2511.

HTH

Apologies for the serious delay in replying.

Studying took a back seat while work ramped up as well as working away a lot.

So on the 2511 I have a private static ip assigned. (this is within the dhcp range of the TP-link)

With regards to port forwarding, I signed up to dyndns, as my isp ip is dynamic. then on the TP-link I forward my desired port.

Now I know I am missing something because it still won't work. When the 2511 is connected to the network I can ping and access it from within. Just not externally from http.

I have even tried putting the 2511 in the DMZ

All help as always would be most appreciated. I understand that RDP onto a PC is the easiest option, however I have encountered a problem and therefore I want to rectify it :)

TIA

Dan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: