cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

32bit version of AnyConnect Mobility client

jking1005
Level 1
Level 1

I need to find a 32 bit version of the AnyConnect client for a Samsung Galaxy Book2.  The 64bit client won't work on it.  I have a SmartNet so can download software, but I only see where I can get the most current and it doesn't look like it includes a 32 bit version.  Can someone assist?

Thanks so much...

Jana

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

All Anyconnect 4.x are 64-bit versions only. There hasn't been a 32-bit version since 3.x and that won't work with the Windows 10 that's on the Galaxy Book even if you could get a copy.

Also, even if you could hack an old client into working somehow, as soon as you connected to a VPN headend it would download and install the newer client automatically.

Better to track down why the current AnyConnect won't work on your PC.

When Windows 64-bit clients install cisco anyconnect secure mobility client by going to the webvpn the installation goes under program files (x86), which to me means the application is 32-bit. Is there a way to choose on the webvpn to install the 64-bit version or 32-bit  version of the program. 

I found on the following link https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/vpn_client/anyconnect/anyconnect410/administration/guide/b-anyconnect-admin-guide-4-10/configure_vpn.html, which states "On Windows devices, the installer determines whether the 32-bit or 64-bit version of the operating system is in use and installs the appropriate PLAP component, vpnplap.dll or vpnplap64.dll."

How does the installer determine this as it keeps installing or appearing as if it's the 32-bit version of the program? Meaning I've found the vpnplap.dll under system32 and the application under program files (x86).

haha you probably haven't expected an answer by now, but I have one;

I once asked a developer for another product ( I don't remember which ) and they said that many installers uses "Program files x86" mostly for backward-compatibility reasons.

I'm pretty sure that Cisco haven't developed a 32-bit version and kept it a secret