Views
Helpful
Replies

64bit machine VPN to 887VA access

ninterface
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I have a remote access VPN solution in place running from a Cisco 887VA router.

Until recently all remote users have been OSX or WinXP users and as such the native VPN client and Cisco VPN Client 5.x were working perfectly. Now I have a user who is attempting to connect using a 64bit Windows 7 machine which it apprers is not supported by this client type and the documentation I can find says there is no alternative other than the AnyConnect platform.

I have run up a Windows 7 machine to configure an AnyConnnect client which is failing on connection.

After further reading through the AnyConnect administration guide I see that it says this will only allow access to an ASA type device with no mention of an IOS device.

Is this the case? If so how does someone connect a 64bit machine to an IOS based Remote Access vpn?

I am confused and concerned that I am not going to be able to let 64bit users onto the VPN network.

Any guidance is appreciated.

Thanks

Bruno

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, you can still use IPSec VPN Client (version 5.0.7(440)) to connect, however, yes, IPSec VPN Client is going EOL soon.

Here is the filename that you can download that support Windows 7 64-bit: vpnclient-winx64-msi-5.0.07.0440-k9.exe.

Here is the EOL notification for VPN Client:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/vpndevc/ps5743/ps5699/ps2308/end_of_life_c51-680819.html

you can also use AnyConnect to remote access to IOS router, however, you would need to purchase the SSL VPN license to be able to connect using AnyConnect client.

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, you can still use IPSec VPN Client (version 5.0.7(440)) to connect, however, yes, IPSec VPN Client is going EOL soon.

Here is the filename that you can download that support Windows 7 64-bit: vpnclient-winx64-msi-5.0.07.0440-k9.exe.

Here is the EOL notification for VPN Client:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/vpndevc/ps5743/ps5699/ps2308/end_of_life_c51-680819.html

you can also use AnyConnect to remote access to IOS router, however, you would need to purchase the SSL VPN license to be able to connect using AnyConnect client.

Hope that helps.

Hi Jennifer,

Thanks I had been searching the cisco site for this file but could not find, found it externally.

Thank you for your help, I will investigate the SSL licence too.

Cheers

Bruno

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: