Views
Helpful
Replies

800-ADSL over ISDN ISDN-features

bernhardt
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

has anyone experiences with the BRI at the 800 ADSL over ISDN Routers (like 836).

I wonder what's the difference between the feature sets.

OOB-Management and Dial-Backup over ISDN is described in the Datasheet as feature of the 'IP/FW/IPSec-3DES-PLUS-Dial-Backup' IOS only, but in my tests it seems that the BRI is a fully functionaly routed Interface in all feature sets.

I think there is no more need to buy another ISDN-Router like 801 or 803 when I have full ISDN connectivity at the ADSLoISDN-Routers with standard feature set. And with the 'DMZ-Ethernet' feature I have even a secondary routed Ethernet-port and there is no more need to buy a 831.

3 Replies 3

Hello,

exactly, the ISDN interface on the (836) router is fully functional. I have used the ISDN interface as a backup interface before, not sure which feature set that was with, but it worked just fine...

HTH,

GP

tepatel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

For dial Backup and isdn to work, you only need a basic featureset like IP and IP PLUS. If you want to add more layers like Firewall etc. then you need appropriate featureset.

I the 836 Datasheet (http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/hw/routers/ps380/products_data_sheet09186a008014ee18.html) you can see that the default featureset already has firewall and VPN features ('IP/FW/IPSec 3DES default feature set') even if it is called CISCO836-K9-64 (Cisco 836 ADSL over ISDN Router-64MB) in the Cisco-pricelist.

I hope that's the same with the 876 which is called CISCO876-K9 (ADSLoISDN Security Router) in the pricelist.