Views
Helpful
Replies

Accessing PIX using SSH when connected remotely with VPN client

mitchen
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

I think this should be a fairly simple one for someone to sort for me - I'm new to PIX configuration though so please excuse my stupidity!

I've changed the config on our PIX to only allow access via SSH (rather than via telnet as it was previously configured)

Now, this all works fine when I am in the office - I can connect to the PIX using SSH without any problem.

However, if I'm working from home and connect to the office using my VPN client (the IPSEC tunnel terminates on the PIX firewall itself) then I find that I cannot connect to the PIX.

I have configured the PIX to allow ssh access from the office LAN subnet and from the IP address pool used for VPN client connections using the following commands:

ssh 172.64.10.0 255.255.255.0 inside

ssh 192.28.161.0 255.255.255.0 inside

where the 1st line refers to the office LAN, which works fine, and the 2nd line refers to the IP address pool configured on the PIX for VPN access.

Can anyone tell me how to correct this? I have a feeling its something glaringly obvious!

Thanks,

Neil

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jackko
Level 7
Level 7

try the command "management-access inside"

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

jackko
Level 7
Level 7

try the command "management-access inside"

Thanks, that worked perfectly!

it's good to learn that the issue has been resolved. thanks for your update.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: