cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect 3.1.04059 behind proxy: "Proxy authentication failed using the supplied credentials"

Ruud van Strijp
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We've recently upgraded AnyConnect 3.1.03103 to 3.1.04059. We've also upgraded our ASA from 9.1.1 to 9.1.2. Since this upgrade, I can't seem to connect to AnyConnect while being behind a proxy server anymore. When I'm not behind a proxy server, connecting goes without any issues.

In AnyConnect I connect to our ASA, and fill in my AD username and password (our ASA uses AD for identification). If I fill in the wrong password, it shows "login failed", so the client initially seems to be able to connect to our ASA. When I fill in the right AD password, I used to get prompted for my proxy's username/password/domain, but now I don't. Instead, I get the following error messages:

---------------------------

Cisco AnyConnect

Proxy authentication failed using the supplied credentials.

OK  

Cisco AnyConnect

The VPN client failed to establish a connection.

OK  

Cisco AnyConnect

AnyConnect was not able to establish a connection to the specified secure gateway. Please try connecting again.

OK  

Any clue why this could be?

Regards,

Ruud van Strijp

3 Replies 3

Ruud van Strijp
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone else with this issue? Any clue?

Update: I just downgraded to 3.1.0.3103 and now AnyConnect works again. In 3.1.0.4059 I didn't see a 'proxy login' page, now I see it again. So I guess either a new setting has changed, or proxy authentication isn't requested anymore due to a bug.

I'm having exactly the same issue.

I upgraded from 3.1.03103 to 3.1.04063. The client started asking for proxy credentials when behind the corporate proxy. If I supply the credentials, it fail.

Rolling back to 3.1.03103 makes the client ask for the proxy credentials anyways, but with that version the authentication WORKS, and I'm able to stablish the VPN.

Admin ESAB
Level 1
Level 1
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: