Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone -

I have a challenge I'd like some assistance with -

Version info

ASA 8.25/ASDM 7.12

AnyConnect 3.1

IPSec 5.0.0.7.290/410

AnyConnect Essentials/Mobility licensing (No Premium)

Windows XP (mostly) and some Win7 Pro

We have a number of VPNclients that are out in the field running IPSec 5.00.7.

It would be very difficult for our users to have to bring in each laptop and connect it to the croporate network in order to un-install the IPSec client (or disable it), and to install the AnyConnect client and XML file.

How have other people implemented a switch between the IPSec client and AnyConnect client?

We'd like to script/automate the process, so that we don't have to ask our users

to perform manual technical steps and manage whether things are working OK or not.

Is there a documented process on how to install the AnyConnect client when the IPSec client

is already installed and running?

All of Cisco's documentation seems to revolve around 'green field' installs

where the PC environment is fresh and the AnyConnect client is the first VPN installed

on the machine.

I know both VPN clientscan co-exist on the same machine, but not with both services started, right? I keep both installed, but have to keep both services in stopped state, and pick the one I need to use.

Thanks for advice in advance!

T

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: