cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect cannot connect to client

RobR
Level 1
Level 1

My company has been using Cisco AnyConnect to connect to several of our customers.  Recently, AnyConnect has become very slow, taking a minute or more to establish the initial connection if I am working in my office.  When working from home, however, I cannot connect at all.  The timeout period expires.  A colleague can use AnyConnect to connect to the same customer using the same user name and password I am using, and successfully connects in about 10 seconds.  Our IT help desk has verified that I have plenty of connection speed.  I have tried to connect to two different customers with the same result.

2 Replies 2

Joel
Level 1
Level 1

Does your company use a proxy? If the Anyconnect profile doesn't ignore the proxy, it would likely try and connect via the proxy. If you're not connected to work, it's very unlikely you would be able to connect to the proxy at all.

The AnyConnect XML profile can be set to ignore the proxy.

You could run wireshark and see what's occurring when you launch AnyConnect. You could also see via netstat what your device is trying to reach.

Thank you for your reply.  We are not using a proxy.

Where can I find the XML profile?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: