Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Anyconnect client has persistent settings after uninstall

Usually I am able to type into the address field in anyconnect client and change to another customer (we are a partner that support many people).

For some reason my anyconnect client has "infranet-cm0" and "infranet-cups" (our call manager and presence servers) in the connect to field and you cannot type in that field. It makes no sense.. these must just be certificates on my system or something.

I've uninstalled the client many times and launched from web the customer i'm trying to connect to - download the new client, but it always comes back up with those two options to connect. I'm attaching a screenshot.

How do I get rid of these options and allow me to always be able to type in the address?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marcel Maeder
Level 4
Level 4

Did you try to remove the profile?

Paths to Deploy the Client

OS
Directory Path

Windows 7 and Vista

C:\ProgramData\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client\Profile\

Windows XP

C:\Document and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client\Profile

Mac OS X and Linux

/opt/cisco/anyconnect/profile/

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/vpn_client/anyconnect/anyconnect31/administration/guide/ac02asaconfig.html#wp1595490

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Marcel Maeder
Level 4
Level 4

Did you try to remove the profile?

Paths to Deploy the Client

OS
Directory Path

Windows 7 and Vista

C:\ProgramData\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client\Profile\

Windows XP

C:\Document and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client\Profile

Mac OS X and Linux

/opt/cisco/anyconnect/profile/

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/vpn_client/anyconnect/anyconnect31/administration/guide/ac02asaconfig.html#wp1595490

Uninstalling does NOT remove the profile - manually removing how you said fixed the issue. I also deleted the file C:\ProgramData\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client\AnyConnectLocalPolicy.

I am now able to weblaunch what i needed to get to, but also disconnect and manually input a URL/ip to connect to for other customers. Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: